L.A. audio show anyone?

EdRo

L.A. audio show anyone?
« on: 28 May 2017, 02:34 am »
If anyone on the Left Coast is interested in hearing Nimbus...EMM amps will be using a stunning example of the Nimbus at the L.A. audio show, room 508. Ryan is up and swinging, and these very special "Nuke Orange" Nimbus that he's personally delivering have a pair of AudioTech mids that seem to take this cab to new heights of performance. I haven't heard them, so please...if anyone seeing this show could check out this room and give me feedback on how they sound???

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
Re: L.A. audio show anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2017, 10:53 am »
Hey Ed, are these Steve N's orange Nimbus?

Todd

EdRo

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2017, 11:08 am »
Very perceptive, my good man!!! I think Steve will be tickled pink with this set. The color is amazing! I would never have thought to use a hue named "Nuclear Orange" on a speaker. Until you see it, it's hard to imagine. Everyone that sees it loves it. But what sets this set apart are the blending of the drivers; the mids make these the best sounding Nimbus ever!

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2017, 12:14 pm »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2017, 12:15 pm »
Very perceptive, my good man!!! I think Steve will be tickled pink with this set. The color is amazing! I would never have thought to use a hue named "Nuclear Orange" on a speaker. Until you see it, it's hard to imagine. Everyone that sees it loves it. But what sets this set apart are the blending of the drivers; the mids make these the best sounding Nimbus ever!

So you've heard it?

Best,
Anand.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2017, 01:03 pm »
Here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=128147.msg1355775#msg1355775

Best,
Anand.

Thanks Anand, I remembered this thread from years ago! In fact, I purchased Steve's KEF 104/2's back in 2013 so Steve could purchase this long awaited pair of Nimbus. I'm happy that Steve is finally getting his order fulfilled.

Todd

EdRo

« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2017, 04:35 pm »
Looking good!!!

bajaed

« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2017, 06:54 pm »
Awesome! Glad to see Ryan back at it. These will impress.

EdRo

« Reply #8 on: 30 May 2017, 01:59 am »
I'm sorry Anand, I personally haven't heard this set. This is the opinions of people critiquing them for me before they were packed up for the trip to L.A. A pair of guests were visiting St. Louis fron New Zealand, I believe.

EdRo

« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2017, 02:15 am »

Here's another pic of the pair before loading.

EdRo

« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2017, 02:50 am »
I haven't heard EMM Labs amps or dac before. Anyone here have any experience with them?
« Last Edit: 31 May 2017, 01:37 pm by EdRo »

EdRo

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jun 2017, 02:57 pm »
Has anyone had a chance to listen to the EMM Labs equipment thru the Nimbus at the L.A. Audio show yet?

standub

« Reply #12 on: 3 Jun 2017, 04:43 pm »
It looks like Ryan is no longer using wavecor drivers given he retired the breezes and these don't have the wavecor on them.

EdRo

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jun 2017, 05:56 pm »
I know that both Ryan and Pete were impressed with the AudioTech mids. They both thought that this iteration is the best sounding Nimbus thus far; and thats what it's all about, right? If we can improve our designs, we will.

dpatters

« Reply #14 on: 3 Jun 2017, 06:15 pm »
I love the AudioTech mids on my Joules.  I know everyone else that purchased Joules went with Accuton.  I have never regretted my choice.

Don P.

Berto

« Reply #15 on: 3 Jun 2017, 07:50 pm »
I love the AudioTech mids on my Joules.  I know everyone else that purchased Joules went with Accuton.  I have never regretted my choice.

Don P.

Not everyone. I've got Joules with AT mid and 12" AT woofer on order. Can't wait to hook them up :drool:

EdRo

« Reply #16 on: 3 Jun 2017, 08:45 pm »
I wish that you could hear these Rob. Really!!!

monte

« Reply #17 on: 3 Jun 2017, 09:27 pm »
Ed, those speakers look killer

EdRo

« Reply #18 on: 3 Jun 2017, 10:13 pm »
Thanks Monte!!! Ryans paint shop did all the paint; and Ryan did the buffing I believe!!! I just built the confounded things. They aren't an easy build!

Berto

« Reply #19 on: 4 Jun 2017, 01:36 am »
I wish that you could hear these Rob. Really!!!

I wish I could too Ed, but actually glad I can't. Just have to tell Ryan to make mine sound better :eyebrows: