Re: WTL "House Sound" Compared
« Reply #40 on: 25 Jul 2015, 04:01 am »
Hi Dan,
What are you switching to?
Good luck with your sale.

drubin

« Reply #41 on: 25 Jul 2015, 02:15 pm »
I got the Pear Audio Robin Hood tt with their top arm, the Cornet 2. Sounds good but different from the WTA. I should mention that I am asking only $1,000 for my WTA.

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #42 on: 25 Jul 2015, 03:08 pm »
drubin the Robin Hood turntable priced at "around $3000 with Coronet 1 tonearm has does not address vibrations the way the WTA does. I guess you live in a vibration free environment unlike me where a full glass of water on top of a table shows ripples moving thru the water's surface.  So what cartridge will you run?

shotoons

« Reply #43 on: 27 Jul 2015, 07:52 pm »
I got the Pear Audio Robin Hood tt with their top arm, the Cornet 2. Sounds good but different from the WTA. I should mention that I am asking only $1,000 for my WTA.

pm sent about the WTA.  Coming from an early 90's WTRP so quite a leap I expect.

TimF

« Reply #44 on: 29 Jul 2015, 08:53 am »
Drubin, I know this is a WTL site, but would be interested in your take on the Pear table and differences you hear versus the WTL you have/had.

I too have been somewhat interested in this table, and since I already own a pair of Larsen Model 4 speakers, could be an interesting combo. Larsen and Pear are distributed by the same guy as you probably know already.

I don't own a table yet, but looking down the road it would seem that it potentially comes down to WTL or the Pear Audio for me as well, once I make the leap, that is.