****SOLD****FS:Scheu/Eurolab Premier Mk2 +Jelco 750E **FREE Shelter cart!!***

sunnydaze

==========================================================
UPDATE 9/1/2019:  TABLE IS SOLD, ARM AND CART STILL AVAILABLE.  SEE MY OTHER ADS.
==========================================================

I have 3 turntables and am planning a move to a smaller place, so regretfully, this must go.

Great table that won TAS Golden Ear Award in 2001.  German engineered and massively built, it is in the design family of the very fine Redpoint, Galibrier, Teres, etc. tables.  Called Eurolab when imported into North America, but it's definitely the same table sold in Europe under the Scheu name.

Please visit these sites for details and reviews:

http://www.rutherfordaudio.com/products/scheu-analog-premier-turntable/

http://www.charismaaudio.com/?page_id=1071

http://www.scheu-analogue.com/turntables/premier/

"I can honestly say a Premier Mk2 + 12" classic arm is sonically preferable to something like an SME 20 + SME V or Michell Orbe + SME V etc. Overall, in a neutral system, these are some of the turntables that were traded in for a Scheu here."

"Overall, I was impressed with the Scheu's way with the music. Forget the audiophile obsession with sound. The darn thing just played the tunes. I enjoyed the startlingly low noise floor and how instruments and voices emerged seamlessly from a silent noise-free backdrop with all their timbral qualities intact. I truly got more enjoyment from my records over the Scheu. It was neigh impossible to pick apart the Premier II as I couldn't maintain any degree of concentration in that regard. I just got lost in the music, which to me is about the highest compliment I can offer. There was also something endearing about the table particularly in terms of temporal flow and forward propulsion. Call it PRaT or whatever you want but music just sounded more real and there."

Paul Candy -- 6 Moons

This table has the upgraded 80 mm platter.  It also has the upgraded motor and speed controller.  As opposed to the flimsy stock motor with supplied fishing line, I was told this powerful DC motor with flat rubber belt provides much greater torque to better power this massive platter.  Both of these upgrades are fairly pricey.

The only difference between this and the Mk3 is that the Mk3 plinth is boomerang shaped which allows it to take a 2nd arm.  Identical otherwise.

The plinth is a rather simple design comprising 3 pieces that slap together rather easily: a bottom plate and a top plate, and a 2-3 inch high apron that goes between them.  This creates a void that can be filled with lead shot for mass and resonance control.  A bolt is threaded vertically through the bottom plate and ties everything together.  Highly polished super hard ceramic bearing.  3 adjustable spikes for levelling.

I bought the table about 5 years ago from the original owner.  I don't believe it has ever been shipped:  I drove into NYC to pick it up, he drove into NJ to retrieve from dealer.  It has been carefully maintained and treated with kid gloves in a home with no children, pets, or smoke.  As the pics show, overall condition is excellent.

About 2 years ago I had problems with the motor / controller -- it wouldn't hold speed.  I sent it off to Hart Huchens at Audio Advancements in NJ.  His dealership sold this actual table and he has decades of experience in all things vinyl.  He checked it out thoroughly and did the repair.  I have the invoice / paperwork.  It's worked perfectly ever since I got it back.

Included:

*  table
*  arm
*  upgraded 80mm platter
*  upgraded DC motor / controller
*  belt
*  acrylic arm mount board
*  arm board spacers  (3 heights)
*  new syringe of bearing fluid -- full and unused
*  owners manual

Not Included:

*   original table packaging
*   tonearm cable  (can buy mine if needed)
*   cartridge

Please see my other ad for details on the Jelco arm.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=164791.0

Extra spacers (2 different heights) are included to attach the circular arm plate to the plinth -- just in case you need to adjust plate height relative to the platter.  I did with some of the arms / cartridges I used.

At my ask price I will include the extra Ortofon headshell, and all the other arm boards shown in the pics.  I cut them from bamboo BB.  They sound great, work perfectly, and they will save you the several hundred bux the dealer charges to cut a custom plate.  Same 20mm thickness as stock board, and the mount distance is spot-on for the following arms:

*  Hadcock 242
*  Moerch up-4
*  Origin Live, or any other Rega based arm w/ 223mm mount distance

The board you see on the table -- cut for Jelco 750E -- is identical to others, and painted satin black.

The pic also shows a blank DIY board.  Holes are already drilled for plinth mounting.  Simply locate arm's pillar midpoint correctly and drill what the arm needs.

The stock board is made from the same piano black acrylic as rest of table.  It has a long oval cutout (to allow positioning for various mount distances) and will take any arm with threaded pillar that clamps on via 2 nuts, one above and one below arm plate.  Just position it in correct spot for mount distance and secure. 

Except for Jelco all the above arms attach this way, so the stock acrylic plate can be used.  I built the boards so I can easily swap my arms in and out without hassling with mount distances.

That's a total of 6 boards, including stock.

I prefer to sell as a package but am willing to split.  Get in touch and we'll discuss.

Another option, buy my table and this arm:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9g8c3-scheu-classic-mk2-tonearm-tonearms

Same designer, should be good synergy.  It's the setup mentioned in the first bold quote above.

I believe the Mk2 table without arm but with upgrades currently retails for over $4,000.   Adding the Jelco makes it over $4,600.

I'm asking $2200 for everything, including arm and extras.
If PP friends / family not used add 3%.

I'm also selling a light use Shelter 501 Mk2.  Contact me and we'll work out a nice turn-key pkg deal.  Click my FS ad here for details on the cartridge:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=163165.msg1755657#msg1755657

Local pickup preferred (zip 11561), but I can ship at buyers expense.  It will be bombproof I guarantee it:  double boxed with tons of bubble wrap and foam padding around all parts and between boxes.  I am experienced in boxing and shipping fragile items.

Serious local buyers are welcome to audition, but not for much longer -- packing up for the move.

Please see my Gallery for more pics.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=30952

Thanks for looking.

-John

« Last Edit: 1 Sep 2019, 11:53 pm by sunnydaze »

sunnydaze

OK, I really do need to get this sold....

At my $2,200 total price I will throw in my light use Shelter 501 Mk2.  This is a 61% discount on a $5,600 package.

RETAIL PRICES:

Scheu Premier Mk2 (w/ upgrades)........ $4000
Jelco 750E    .....................................   $600
Shelter 501 Mk2 ................................ $1000

(xtra armboards and spacers also included)

Willing to split, PM to discuss.

Discount for pickup with cash.

« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2019, 06:31 pm by sunnydaze »

sunnydaze

sunnydaze

Table sold on USAM.  Arm and cart still available, see my other ads for details.