BREAK IN PERIOD COMPLETED

Robert D

BREAK IN PERIOD COMPLETED
« on: 27 Aug 2009, 10:37 am »
It?s been almost 1 year since my Bryston equipment and my Paradigms have been plugged in the 110ac.

Over the last few weeks the Quality of the sound stage has changed.
Even and only for the better.

I had to re adjust the position of my Speakers, 4 or 5 inches from the back wall forward.
Now they are 4 feet forward from back wall 9 feet apart.
The bass or the Thunder has come alive even more so.  The Horns what to be herd.

Robert

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: BREAK IN PERIOD COMPLETED
« Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2009, 10:55 am »
Cool deal.  8)

My equipment sounds much better after 2 1/2 years.  8)

Mad Mr H

« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2009, 12:52 pm »
Just getting to 100 hours on my BB5's.........

5mm off the wall !!! until I knock the wall down  :thumb:

Viajero5000

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2009, 01:01 pm »
until I knock the wall down  :thumb:

just turn the volume up a bit...

Mad Mr H

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2009, 07:42 am »
Guess I could face the speakers to the wall to help run them in,

That should bring it down quickly.

Robert D

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2009, 10:52 am »
James,
Is there a Break in period for Torus RM-20.

Or is it just plug and play

Robert

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2009, 12:54 pm »
James,

Robert

From a measurment standpoint there does not seem to be any measurable difference as it 'burns' in but I find at first they can sound a little 'constrictive' but after about 3 days things really open up and dynamics improve subtantially at both the micro and macro level.

Please do not report these observation to Torus. :lol:

james

Robert D

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2009, 01:14 pm »
James, thank you for realistic, and positive feed back.
Its all-most B Day time. I will start off with The Torus RM 20

Robert

werd

« Reply #8 on: 4 Sep 2009, 04:55 pm »
James,

Robert

Hi

You will like the way it sounds right out of the box. I broke mine in with a 1500 watt hairdryer and 300 watt halogen light, . I would go back every couple of hours and turn em both on for about 15 min. Did that for about 3 or 4 days and it seemed to show some break in. I know that sounds goofy but i wanted to hear the difference quickly. Its hard to hear a break in when done gradually.

Robert D

« Reply #9 on: 12 Sep 2009, 08:13 pm »
Werd

Thanks for the feedback

Robert

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #10 on: 12 Sep 2009, 08:38 pm »
James,

Robert

Hi

You will like the way it sounds right out of the box. I broke mine in with a 1500 watt hairdryer and 300 watt halogen light, . I would go back every couple of hours and turn em both on for about 15 min. Did that for about 3 or 4 days and it seemed to show some break in. I know that sounds goofy but i wanted to hear the difference quickly. Its hard to hear a break in when done gradually.

Hello werd,

Is the sound much better with the Torus? What do you notice more when you compare the Torus in and out of your system?

werd

« Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2009, 03:32 am »
James,

Robert

Hi

Hello werd,

Is the sound much better with the Torus? What do you notice more when you compare the Torus in and out of your system?

Hello Laundrew

The sound is much better with the Torus. I have the dedicated 240 volt and i am not sure if there is a difference between the 120 and 240 versions. The  Rm-20 drives my gear with a lot of authority and did wonders for the sensation of dynamic power. Its hard to put into words what the sound is like. I can say though i have to be careful now as I like to overpower my speaks with  amplification power.  I know if i am not careful i will fry my tweeters. Plugged into the wall it didn't seem to deliver the kinda power that would put the tweeters into any danger.

I guess the reason why i matched power and speakers that way is to try obtain the soundstage that the Torus delivers. Knowing this i probably would buy a power amp that is more in line with the output of my speakers .

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #12 on: 13 Sep 2009, 04:42 am »
James,

Robert

Hi

Hello werd,

Hello Laundrew

The sound is much better with the Torus. I have the dedicated 240 volt and i am not sure if there is a difference between the 120 and 240 versions. The  Rm-20 drives my gear with a lot of authority and did wonders for the sensation of dynamic power. Its hard to put into words what the sound is like. I can say though i have to be careful now as I like to overpower my speaks with  amplification power.  I know if i am not careful i will fry my tweeters. Plugged into the wall it didn't seem to deliver the kinda power that would put the tweeters into any danger.

I guess the reason why i matched power and speakers that way is to try obtain the soundstage that the Torus delivers. Knowing this i probably would buy a power amp that is more in line with the output of my speakers .

Thank you very much werd :thumb:

Be well...