SOLD: First Watt J2 - Excellent Condition - Transferable Warranty

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
SOLD

First Watt J2 - excellent condition - still under transferable warranty

Price dropped $200 2/15/2019

Having to lighten up for the retirement move in a couple of years.  Decided to keep my tube set and let go of the solid state.  I researched the FW models carefully and decided on the J2 over everything else available.  All Class A, 25wpc, as close to tubes as solid state can get, IMO.  Has both single ended (RCA) and balanced (XLR) inputs.  Complete with unused factory power cord, manual, quality assurance certificate, and factory packing.  One owner, no smoke, pets, or kids.  Made in the USA.  Warranty valid through September 2020.

MSRP of $4000.  For sale at $2400 $2200 plus shipping.  Paypal fee is on me.  Insured shipping anywhere in lower 48 will be $118 (actual cost).  Anywhere else, contact me and I'll calculate the shipping.

Thanks for your interest  :wink:, .....Pete

Stereophile Class A recommended in 2017:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/recommended-components-fall-2017-edition-power-amps

First Watt J2: $4000
Described by founder and designer Nelson Pass as a "kitchen-table" enterprise, First Watt is dedicated to making low-power, class-A amplifiers in which JFETs are the output devices of choice. Their latest amp, the 25Wpc J2, impressed HR with its "grainless images and head-shaking rhythms. Every aspect of the music—pace, presence, performance—was fully exposed." The J2 didn't have quite the vividness of Herb's tubed Line Magnetic LM-518IA, but made up for it with its dependable musicality: "Every day, [the First Watt J2] made me and my favorite loudspeakers extremely happy. Highly recommended." In measuring the J2, JA discovered a relative lack of linearity into lower impedances, but declared that, "with higher-impedance speakers, the J2 will sing!" (Vol.39 No.10 WWW)

« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2019, 01:53 am by pstrisik »

slefley

Just curious, how does the J2 compare to your Inspire on the Omega’s?

pstrisik

Very, very close.  The Inspire has ever so slight edge on smoothness.  The J2 has an edge on bass control (not so much of an advantage for me as I have powered 8" woofers and 12" subs).  The J2 would be an advantage over the Inspire with less efficient speakers though.

ddark65

• Restricted
I purchased this same amp for a headphone amp and it sounded
awesome , great price GLWS

pstrisik

SOLD!