KECES PT-111 300W Isolation Transformer.

OrangeCrush

Re: KECES PT-111 300W Isolation Transformer.
« Reply #20 on: 2 Dec 2010, 12:50 am »
Would this also provide surge protection like the Tripp Lite Isolation Transformers?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
    • Acoustic Fun Web Store!
« Reply #21 on: 2 Dec 2010, 02:38 am »
Would this also provide surge protection like the Tripp Lite Isolation Transformers?

Hello,

Isolation transformer naturally provides some measure of surge protection, but we did not add any additional surge protection on it because we feel that those who use this unit will prefer to decide that they want the added filter circuit or not, and do so with their own preference in mind.  (Kinda like ball players who prefer to use their own glove, bat, or whatever it is that they use to play their favorite ball game...)

Thanks

David

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 2 Dec 2010, 02:55 am »
Do you have any larger units?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 2 Dec 2010, 03:04 am »
Do you have any larger units?

Hello,

At the moment, no. We recommend using separate units for digital and analog equipments, thus the smaller capacity unit was designed.

Thanks

David

OrangeCrush

« Reply #24 on: 6 Dec 2010, 03:24 am »
Does it use Faraday shielding?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #25 on: 6 Dec 2010, 03:34 am »
Does it use Faraday shielding?

Hello,

It is not exactly faraday shield.  We do have static shield between winding, as well as iron shield on top and bottom of (yes, it is all iron) the transformer to further reduce magnetic leaks and interferences.

Thanks

David

dboy

« Reply #26 on: 1 Jan 2011, 08:58 pm »
Hi,

I recently won a second hand PT-111 on Ebay (search "120651382969" to see it). It was sold as a 230v unit (I live in the UK). I have not plugged it into my equipment yet as I need to make up cables with American style plugs (currently considering David's Iego cable for this), but would very much appreciate any comments on the following issues:

1 - when power is going into the IEC inlet but the unit is switched off, a voltage of 35v a.c. is measured across the output sockets. Is this normal behaviour?

2 - the unit does hum quite noticeably. Is this normal behaviour and is there a way of damping it?

3 - Can I check anyhow that this particular unit definitely is designed for 230v mains?

I very much appreciate any input that David or anyone else can offer.

Thanks,

Dave

dboy

« Reply #27 on: 5 Jan 2011, 01:33 pm »
Hi,

I seem to have calmed the humming down by tightening the large bolt on the bottom (maybe came loose in transit). But I'm still concerned about the 35V measured at the output when the unit is supposed to be switched off. If Zyca/David is not around to comment then would anybody who has a PT-111 be prepared to stick a multimeter across their output sockets while the unit is switched off but has power going in?

Please...

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: 5 Jan 2011, 05:56 pm »
Hello,

I'm currently waiting for a reply from KECES regarding the 35V even when it is off, but I'm suspecting that it could be that the relay inside is just cutting off one line and leave the other connected.  It could have some residual voltage when you cut it off due to inductive effects.  However, that's just a suspicion on my part.  I'm still waiting for a proper reply from them.

Thanks

David

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #29 on: 5 Jan 2011, 06:00 pm »
Try plugging in a small lamp or other load, then measuring for that 35V.  With no load modern DMM meters sometimes read phantom voltages on unloaded circuits.

dboy

« Reply #30 on: 5 Jan 2011, 09:01 pm »
Hi,

Thanks both. I have tried with a lamp plugged in and still getting a voltage, although slightly smaller at 28v.

I am intrigued as to whether this happens with other PT-111's or is just an anomaly of this one unit.

All the best,

Dave

dboy

« Reply #31 on: 17 Jan 2011, 07:11 pm »
Hi,

Any news from those Keces folks? I thought they would be concerned about that residual voltage...

All the best,

Dave

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 27 Apr 2011, 02:54 pm »
Hello,

At the moment, no. We recommend using separate units for digital and analog equipments, thus the smaller capacity unit was designed.

Thanks

David

Any updates on a larger version?  The problem is that your unit isn't big enough for one mono block.

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #33 on: 28 Apr 2011, 03:32 pm »
Any updates on a larger version?  The problem is that your unit isn't big enough for one mono block.

Sorry, still no plans on higher powered units.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: 28 Apr 2011, 03:36 pm »
Sorry, still no plans on higher powered units.

:(  Do you still have these in stock?

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #35 on: 28 Apr 2011, 03:48 pm »
We should have the standard 1 to 1 unit for 100~125V operation in stock, other voltage value or if you want step up or down, then we will have to custom build.

I'll have to wait til morning to check the stock for you.  (It's 11:47PM here, and I'm chilling off while responding to messages and emails. ;) )

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #36 on: 29 Apr 2011, 12:45 pm »
Hello, there is one standard PT-111 in stock for use in 100~125V region, if you would like it, please let me know.

Thanks

David

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
« Reply #37 on: 4 May 2011, 04:21 pm »
Hello:

I have a new fender Blues jr. guitar amp, 15 watts. I have an issue with noise in this amp. While a certain amount of noise is expected, I am finding way more than normal and have related it to some lighting, and other audio equipment.
Would your Isolation Transformer help reduce the noise in this amp?

Thanks,
Harrison

Zyca

• Industry Participant
« Reply #38 on: 4 May 2011, 07:45 pm »
Hello:

I have a new fender Blues jr. guitar amp, 15 watts. I have an issue with noise in this amp. While a certain amount of noise is expected, I am finding way more than normal and have related it to some lighting, and other audio equipment.
Would your Isolation Transformer help reduce the noise in this amp?

Thanks,
Harrison

Hello,

Without actually seeing what is causing the noise, I cannot say for sure, as the noise can be caused within the amp as well as coming from an outside source.

If you can identify the noise is coming from outside source through power supply, then PT-111 will definitely help.

Thanks

David

doctorcilantro

« Reply #39 on: 1 Oct 2013, 07:26 am »
Now there is a 500watt version?

thanks