Seeking recommendations for SS power amp under $4k

OzarkTom

Re: Seeking recommendations for SS power amp under $4k
« Reply #40 on: 19 Nov 2018, 11:18 pm »
marvda1 here on AC bought a Kinki a month or two ago. Maybe he will chime in. I an curious also.

JackD

« Reply #41 on: 20 Nov 2018, 02:32 am »
The Kinki is a first rate integrated and a bargain at it's price.  According to the designer it doubles down into 4 ohms. There are at least four AC members including myself that own one that I know of. 

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #42 on: 20 Nov 2018, 03:04 am »
There are some great buys on audiogon for Bryston, Plinius, BAT, PSA BHK and a few others. 

You may want to consider some digital amps like the PSA M700 monos or something from the Digital Amplifier Company who is running a sale on their amps.  Their cherry amps are oh so smooth and powerful.   There is a guy on the Audioshark forum that raves about his PSA M700's.  He had the 300's and say these are a huge step up.

hallcon83

« Reply #43 on: 20 Nov 2018, 03:41 am »
maybe the question to ask is - what kind of amplifier are you looking for - ... most things being equal - do you do you lean toward a more tonally richer sound - more or denser harmonics - more towards a tube sound - or very crisp clean leaner sound?

hallcon83

« Reply #44 on: 20 Nov 2018, 03:55 am »
Hi JackD and any other owners of Kinki Studio I was wondering how much time did you get to spend listening to your Kinki before you made up your mind?  And how does your Kinki amplifier stack up to amplifiers you have had in the past? I am also in the market for a new amp and have been searching a long time.