"Jonathan Weiss’ quest to build the finest sound amplification system ever" CBS

SET Man

Hey!

https://youtu.be/GoN4mleFlvA

Not often you see Hi-End audio on mainstream TV. This is from CBS This Morning show.

Buddy

SlushPuppy

Nice video segment. Thanks for the post!  :thumb:

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Hey!

https://youtu.be/GoN4mleFlvA

Not often you see Hi-End audio on mainstream TV. This is from CBS This Morning show.

Buddy

Very cool! Thanks for posting!

Cheers,
Pete

Bemopti123

Wow.  If he calls the Fleewood the affordable line of audio for the masses, I mean, call $9600 a pair affordable?  Jajajaja.  I know materials and the like sourced locally but man.   :thumb:

bkatbamna

Wow.  If he calls the Fleewood the affordable line of audio for the masses, I mean, call $9600 a pair affordable?  Jajajaja.  I know materials and the like sourced locally but man.   :thumb:
It's affordable compared to the other things he sells.    :lol:

Early B.

It's made in America, so cost will be at least twice as much as usual. But these speakers also extremely well crafted by artisans, so you gotta pay for that. It's a super niche market, and I'm sure he'll do well.

Norman Tracy

Easily the best coverage of high-end audio in a major media outlet in 25 years, or maybe ever.

Re-watched the segment and its definitely the best coverage of high-end audio ever.

Not about selling OMA or Fleetwood (and it is of course going to help with that) but about awareness among the general public there is such a thing as high-end audio and the individuals involved are passionate and articulate lovers of the art of music and the equipment brings a worthwhile experience to our lives. Jonathan Weiss comes across as intelligent and articulate truly believing in what he is doing. What really sells it is the reactions of the CBS reporter who genuinely is having the ‘WOW’ moments we audiophiles chase. The videography and editing is also outstanding really showing the superior materials, design, and craftsmanship featured in OMA and Fleetwood products. All in all Weiss scored a standup homerun with this segment.

Interesting to catch first glimpses of the new OMA cast iron base direct drive turntable they’ve been teasing on Instagram. As a decades long fan of Audio-Technica cartridges I spotted with approval the AT-ART1000 ultimate model MC mounted for the showroom demo system.

Anji12305

These items are filling the new houses owned by the New Yorkers that decamped last year.

You need a retrofitted Steel mill to fit some of these - they're immense.

artur9

Fleetwood is not that far from here.  Wonder if they do factory tours....?

SET Man

Easily the best coverage of high-end audio in a major media outlet in 25 years, or maybe ever.

Re-watched the segment and its definitely the best coverage of high-end audio ever.

Not about selling OMA or Fleetwood (and it is of course going to help with that) but about awareness among the general public there is such a thing as high-end audio and the individuals involved are passionate and articulate lovers of the art of music and the equipment brings a worthwhile experience to our lives. Jonathan Weiss comes across as intelligent and articulate truly believing in what he is doing. What really sells it is the reactions of the CBS reporter who genuinely is having the ‘WOW’ moments we audiophiles chase. The videography and editing is also outstanding really showing the superior materials, design, and craftsmanship featured in OMA and Fleetwood products. All in all Weiss scored a standup homerun with this segment.

Interesting to catch first glimpses of the new OMA cast iron base direct drive turntable they’ve been teasing on Instagram. As a decades long fan of Audio-Technica cartridges I spotted with approval the AT-ART1000 ultimate model MC mounted for the showroom demo system.

Hey!

It is excellent indeed. Yes, I like that they captured the reaction of the reporter.

Although, those stuffs are expensive, not many watching that on TV can afford it and probably shocked when they find out how much those stuffs cost. But it does gives Hi-End audio some exposure and I'm sure this will lead some people to discover more affordable Hi-End audio.

Buddy