V comes to ABC

mjosef

V comes to ABC
« on: 3 Nov 2009, 08:01 am »
"V" redux starts tonight on ABC... Yummy.

Scyfy has been running the old V series the past few days. Funny I don't remember it being that corny when I saw it back then two decades ago.

ajzepp

Re: V comes to ABC
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2009, 03:57 am »
I was REALLY into the original V series when it came out back in the 80's....I'm psyched to see where they go with this new iteration. I've had a huge crush on Morena Baccarin ever since Firefly/Serenity....I'm thrilled to see her back on my tv :)

Jon L

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2009, 04:39 am »
I've had a huge crush on Morena Baccarin ever since Firefly/Serenity....I'm thrilled to see her back on my tv :)

Wow, I didn't even realize that's the same actress from Firefly.  The V pilot started promising enough :)

mjosef

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2009, 04:50 am »
Yeah she is hOt!  I would retain her services as a companion anytime.  aa

I hope the series takes off, we need some good sci-fi on the national network.

ltr317

« Reply #4 on: 10 Nov 2009, 04:59 am »
It looks like Elizabeth Mitchell is on V.  I wonder if her character will be killed off in Lost? 

Lyndon

« Reply #5 on: 10 Nov 2009, 05:16 am »
Well they only filmed four episodes, right?  So she may still be on "Lost", but that is a good point.

I've already joined the Peace Brigade, and what's not to like? Tours on the space ship, all the alien girls are gorgeous, and they play lossless versions of the Doors.  For some reason, they like the Lizard King.
 :wink:
http://abc.go.com/shows/v/visitor-ambassadors

mjosef

« Reply #6 on: 10 Nov 2009, 05:23 am »
Well Lost only have one season left, so they may all die on the Island.
She is going to need another job after that.

Yeap...ABC, hedging their bets, made just four episodes to test the waters. In these modern times networks just won't commit.  :roll:
Like what happened with CBS and Jericho. Dastardly bastards.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #7 on: 10 Nov 2009, 06:08 am »
I missed the 1st episode,,,, I missed this thread til just tonite. :duh:  Fortunately, ABC has the episode right on their home page and I just finished watching it. Got the DVR set for tomorrow nite's show. Best thing I liked about V is you didn't have to wait a year to find out the whole plot, they actually showed a taste of what the alien reptiles actually look like. I'm anxious to see the aliens in their true form, then we'll have true primetime science fiction. :hyper:

Cheers,
Robin