"Australia"

Bigfish

"Australia"
« on: 28 Dec 2008, 04:30 pm »
My wife and mom went to see "Australia" last night while my son and I stayed home to watch bowl games.  They both really liked the movie.  Apparently it is full of action and there only complaint was that it could have been just a little bit shorter.  I asked my wife for a rating and she gave it 4 out of a possible 5 stars!

Ken

WGH

Re: "Australia"
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2008, 08:21 pm »
Australia is a big sprawling movie, I went with a friend and she liked it a lot too, I thought is was OK and give it 3.5 stars.

The movie is a chick flick disguised as an action movie, plenty of potentially weepy scenes and kissing closeups, Nicole's head looks great 10' tall and Hugh is hunk, the slow motion shot of him pouring water over his head and bare chest is worth the price of admission by itself.

A great date movie with enough action to keep guys interested too, it's not the equal of The Searchers or Unforgiven but more in the old style classic romantic/action Hollywood movies that look a bit dated by today's standards.

Wayne

Bigfish

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2009, 11:49 am »
I rented and watched this movie with my wife (who saw it previously on the big screen) this weekend.  The movie is beautifully filmed, has good acting and excellent scenery.  It had enough action to keep me awake but is ever long!  I believe it is 2hours, 35 mins. long and it should have been done in no more than 1 hour 45 mins.  I do agree with the previous poster that it is a chic flick disguised as an action film.  3 stars out of 5.

Ken

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2009, 12:56 pm »
The audio and video quality are stunning! I didn't watch it on Blue Ray, but imagine it has to be twice as spectacular on such a quality medium. Highly recommended! A+++

BobM

« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2009, 01:13 pm »
Saw it this weeken. Yeah, this is mostly one for the chicks, but with enough action that the guys will still be interested in watchin git. Basically, good for all members of the family.

One complaint though, it was so totally predictable. No gotcha's or surprises in the script at all. Still an enjoyable watch though.

Bob

navi

« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2009, 01:30 pm »
My eyes rolled to the back of my head a few times during this film- one of the least enjoyable films I've seen this year. there were a few scenes that made me cringe.......

I hope I don't sound like that when I talk.

low.pfile

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2010, 06:20 am »
Well, call me a sap, I liked it. Wonderful scenery. An old fashioned movie plot. And the wizard of oz!

(and the bluest of blue eyes)