Movies with Cool Sound Effects?

Mag

Movies with Cool Sound Effects?
« on: 9 Oct 2021, 06:26 am »
 I don't suppose a lot of people have watched this movie starring Steven Seagal- Under Siege 2 (one of my favorite movies in my collection that I've watched several time). Right at the start of the movie is a short clip of the Space Shuttle launching. Must be impressive to hear live in person but even with my stereo and volume turned up a bit I damn near crap my pants, is that ever Cool. 8)

What's another Cool movie sound effect that'll shake the house, that maybe I can Stream on Amazon Prime? :popcorn:

WGH

Re: Movies with Cool Sound Effects?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2021, 03:25 pm »
Blade Runner 2049 has bass that will test many subwoofers, the fight on the levy with waves crashing is totally immersive too. Films with soundtracks by Hans Zimmer usually have deep synth tracks.

Blade Runner 2049 has strong bass at 15 Hz that my sub can't handle at reference levels

If you are just going for bass there is the The Ultimate List of BASS in Movies w/ Frequency Charts on AVS Forum
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/the-ultimate-list-of-bass-in-movies-w-frequency-charts.2763785/

MttBsh

« Reply #2 on: 9 Oct 2021, 03:57 pm »
U-571. The depth charge attacks here are the most intense of any submarine movie I've seen - and they go on until you can't imagine that the sub is still intact and anyone in it is still alive. The sound and visual effects are so "you are there" that you may be exhausted when the attacks are over. A must hear on a good sound system!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2021, 04:14 pm »
Master and Commander - when the French fire at them from the heavy fog.