Virtue One.2 power supply compatibility--need help with ID

jim1274

I have a Virtue ONE.2 with original basic included 24V power supply that failed and am trying to identify best option for a replacement PS.

In searching the forum, I noted that several people have used the  Astron LS-10a power supply with good results.  This model does not seem to be as readily available as the  Astron VLS-10a power supply (http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/asr-vls-10m).  These appear to be basically the same PS but the VLS series is a variable voltage unit.  Would this work OK with the ONE.2??  They can be found used for about half the price of the  Audiophile 30v/130w Power Supply from Virtue.  Would the Astron VLS be an acceptable substitute for the 30v/130w unit?  Are there others besides the battery options that I should consider?

« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2013, 01:37 pm by jim1274 »

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: Virtue One.2 power supply compatibility--need help with ID
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2013, 12:42 am »
Probably the same supply.  You can check the output with a voltmeter and make sure it does not going above 31v.

Also, check out the Sinpro SPU130-109.  That's the unit we OEM and you may be able to find it in distribution - cheap!

You'll need to cut off the connector and graft on the 2.1/5.5mm job that's on the 24v supply.

The unit responds well to better power.  Enjoy!

jim1274

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2013, 09:32 am »
Probably the same supply.  You can check the output with a voltmeter and make sure it does not going above 31v.

Also, check out the Sinpro SPU130-109.  That's the unit we OEM and you may be able to find it in distribution - cheap!

You'll need to cut off the connector and graft on the 2.1/5.5mm job that's on the 24v supply.

The unit responds well to better power.  Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion, but already looked for the Sinpro and came up empty.  There was a used variable voltage Astron I found for 70 bucks--if still availabe it sounds like that will work from your comments.   If paying full price for a new Astron, I might as well just get Dodd battery kit from you for not that much more.   

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2013, 03:15 pm »
Reach out to Gary directly on the battery kit because I think we're out of them.

He seems to have taken his product line up-market which totally makes sense.  He has some scary, terrible medical bills to pay and frugal shoppers like us just can't help him that much.