• Volunteer
Re: Odyssey in Ontario
« Reply #20 on: 29 Apr 2007, 03:51 am »
i would like to say hi to spirit.
Hi to you as well - do I know you?

Haoleb

« Reply #21 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:02 am »
when i saw the ad on agon my first thought was the Full Gary's although the seller doesnt mention that.

mclsound

« Reply #22 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:19 am »
hypathetically,if the mono X se's were built in the last year,are they worth $2400?     P.S.  no you dont know me Spirit BUT if your Canadian ,live near TO,and own Odyssey,I'm sure we will talk?   Yes it is really late,so i hope that someone who owns a pair will advise me on price & perfomence.THANKS

Wizard454

« Reply #23 on: 30 Apr 2007, 01:43 am »
Hello Mclsound,

I also have a pair of the Hot Rodded Extreme SE's. They have been up and running since June and are being driven by a SF Line 2 SE+ preamp done up by Chris Johnson about 6 months ago, source's are Cary CD-308 solid state CDP (stock) and a Sony 333ES (stock). The amps are driving a pair of Paradigm 60v's and can state with confidence these speakers "Never" sounded better! Smooth, detailed, great mids, solid bottom end.
I also have a Servo-15 in the mix, as this is a self powered sub your comment about it crying out for Odyssey power confuses me (although I could be misunderstanding your commit). I will say my Servo-15 did benefit greatly by the huge upgrade in the preamp. In truth the 60v's don't really need the sub as the introduction of the Extremes and upgraded pre have married well and brought tremendous, accurrate bottom end to the system.
If you can get a pair of these they are well worth the price!

P.s. I'm in Vancouver.

mclsound

« Reply #24 on: 30 Apr 2007, 03:52 am »
yes,a slight misunderstanding,In STEREO right now,i am using my 40's with a pinch of Servo-15.i figured that the Mono's (X-S.E.) WOULD blend well with 60's.i did not no about SE's,but now that i do,WELL,i must have!!original owner kinda a must in my world,and Canadian would be a bonus.

mclsound

« Reply #25 on: 3 May 2007, 01:58 am »
well 2 days on the dozer and i can hardly contain myself----- i am the PROUD ''OWNER'' of a pair of 1yr old MONO EXTREMES S.E.  I am sending them straight to Klaus for a full monty(a complete tune up). if anyone has any other suggestions i would love to hear them!

rosconey

« Reply #26 on: 3 May 2007, 02:14 pm »
wtf dont you just enjoy them for a while :scratch:

Lkdog

« Reply #27 on: 3 May 2007, 04:19 pm »
wtf dont you just enjoy them for a while :scratch:

:D

Good advice. Since I got my Mono Extremes I am going through my whole collection of music.
Sounds wonderful and like different recordings.

It cannot hurt to have them looked at, but I doubt there is much tuning up to do on a one year old pair.
These things are built like tanks.
Have fun!

HPower

« Reply #28 on: 3 May 2007, 04:24 pm »

It looks like I have created a MONSTER.

:o

Lkdog

« Reply #29 on: 3 May 2007, 05:04 pm »

It looks like I have created a MONSTER.

:o

:lol:   :lol:

mclsound

« Reply #30 on: 4 May 2007, 12:42 am »
20yrs in a rock band,10,000watt PA,8--18inch JBL,4-15inch mids,4-2inch compression drivers, I think the monster was always there,BUT you definitely helped release it!!!! My next question will have to be some advise(once again)on a good stereo pre ??? I am currently using a PIONEER ELITE 84 reciever because it is what my wife can use & it can run my surrounds.BUT ,the MONO's should have a good pre or pro????   LOOK FORWARD TO ALL ADVISE   THANKS

Lkdog

« Reply #31 on: 4 May 2007, 07:02 am »
A lot of people use a tube preamp with the Odyssey amps.
If you do a search or go back through the threads here you will see a lot about this.

Klaus has the Candela which people here love.

I will defer to others with more experience on combinations they have tried.
My setup is in my signature and is working well for me.

HPower

« Reply #32 on: 5 May 2007, 02:39 am »
JM, put the mouse down and slowly back away from the computer :lol:

mclsound

« Reply #33 on: 5 May 2007, 11:05 am »
good morning,my first week,not only purchased my first pair of Mono Xse's but their headed back to the creator for any and all updates!no rush, i still have a long way to go on renovations...(T.C.,I CANT)----Pre,i will go into reaserch mode for awhile,

mclsound

« Reply #34 on: 6 May 2007, 03:29 pm »
UPGRADED UPGRADES,or as I come to call them,Bryston Busters,we'll see,Mike & Klaus will work their magic inside,but what about the outside? anyone tried Burgandy (i like red) or do u think it's a little cheesey. hard to tell with website pics. anybody get any colours?(my wife likes blue) Thanks

bunky

« Reply #35 on: 6 May 2007, 04:05 pm »
UPGRADED UPGRADES,or as I come to call them,Bryston Busters,we'll see,Mike & Klaus will work their magic inside,but what about the outside? anyone tried Burgandy (i like red) or do u think it's a little cheesey. hard to tell with website pics. anybody get any colours?(my wife likes blue) Thanks

I prefer the Basic Stealthy looking Black ,but i have seen photos of a Copper colored Khartago on Audiogon that looked really nice. get a Candela tube preamplifier colored to match your Monos while you are at it

mclsound

« Reply #36 on: 6 May 2007, 05:14 pm »
just seen red on agon virtual,looks?silver looks good(wife says?)she likes black.

Boogaloo

« Reply #37 on: 6 May 2007, 06:44 pm »
I have a Dual Mono in platinum that I like.  Finish on the Symphonic Line RG-7 http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1181086031 looks like it.

mclsound

« Reply #38 on: 6 May 2007, 08:32 pm »
i never even thought of platinum!! it does look cool.if anyone has a Odyssey platinum shot would be apprieciated.

Boogaloo

« Reply #39 on: 6 May 2007, 10:42 pm »
Platinum is like a chrome mirror - everything in the background shows up, just like the Symphonic Line amp
on agon.  This makes it almost impossible to photograph without any projected images showing up.