New Khartago something or other in the works for me!

germay0653

Re: New Khartago something or other in the works for me!
« Reply #60 on: 24 Aug 2014, 09:34 pm »
You mentioned it a while back CHOPS.  I've shopped at that store many times when I lived in Lakeland.  I still work in Lakeland but live in Lithia now.  I may even have PM'd you about the location.

That's odd. When did I ever say I worked at Southgate? And yes, I still work there.  :wink:

Chops

« Reply #61 on: 1 Dec 2014, 04:45 am »
Well it's just about Dec and if all is going as planned, you are moving SC very soon. It's a shame you never stopped by the store again.

As for me, a couple weeks ago I decided to try out a pair of Polk Audio RTi 12's in my system. I really wasn't sure how they were going to stack up against my trusty NHT 2.9s. To my amazement, they're shockingly good! I'm actually tempted to say that they sound better than the NHTs! Bass is great, mids are great, treble is great, imaging and sound staging is considerably better.

Six 7" drivers in a large ported enclosure vs two 10" drivers in a large sealed enclosure. The 10's are tight and punchy, but the 7's are more so. They provide an even more tactile punch through the room, a bit more dynamic. Bass extension is just a tad better than the NHTs as well. Midrange and treble are almost identical, natural, open and crisp with a lot of air and space. But what puts them over the top is the stage width and depth and better imaging. That's probably more due to the room than the speakers though as the NHT's sound just fine in my brother's house in his system.

Since I don't plan on ever selling the NHTs and my brother doesn't plan on selling these Polks, we may just switch for good and I might even contact Danny Richie of GR-Research about tweaking the crossovers or designing new ones. Just like with the NHTs, these Polks sound stand to have the treble tamed just the slightest bit. And we all know that crossovers are what really make speakers. We'll see...

germay0653

« Reply #62 on: 1 Dec 2014, 11:58 pm »
Move delayed until March or even later.  Delays, delays, and more delays plus I had hip surgery in October and just got back to work in the last three weeks.  I'll try to stop in before the holidays hit!

Chops

« Reply #63 on: 2 Dec 2014, 02:35 am »
Move delayed until March or even later.  Delays, delays, and more delays plus I had hip surgery in October and just got back to work in the last three weeks.  I'll try to stop in before the holidays hit!

Yeah, I know the feeling about delays. Glad to hear you're back up and working again after the surgery. That had to be rough for a while. If and when you stop by, make sure it's NOT a Wednesday as I'm always off Wednesdays. Take care!

erniek

« Reply #64 on: 2 Dec 2014, 07:12 pm »
I am back again and this time I have a new Candela pre added to my system. I will post pics in near future when I get it set up. Hope your back heals fine germay. I have been experiencing a bit of back pain seems related to the more physical work I do these days. One thing about it is that is does not go away.
I did go to a mini meet of the Audio club in Sarasota a few weeks back and these guys have some really nice stuff to experience. I think I will join the club this month and look forward to showcasing my Odyssey stuff someday for them if I can host a meeting. I think with the Odyssey equipment I can now say I have a great base from which to touch true high end in this hobby.