SOLD: Merlin TSM-mxe speakers

SFDude

SOLD: Merlin TSM-mxe speakers
« on: 15 Oct 2019, 04:41 pm »
I have a pair of legendary Ruby Heart Red Merlin TSM-mxe speakers that I'm sadly considering letting go of. Great speakers but I already have a pair of floorstanders and the need for these in a second system isn't great to justify keeping them around. Great sounding and one of the most coherent bookshelf speakers with the famed Esotar Morel tweeter. Bobby Palkovic's (RIP) line of speakers (the TSMs and VSMs) didn't change for a LONG time, as he kept tweaking them with multiple revisions to make them more optimal sounding.

They have the Master RC networks along with the older standard RC networks. I have the original boxes and the tool for angling the speakers in the right direction to the listener, along with printed copies of the manual.

These aren't in perfect condition on one of the speakers (about a 7/10). The other speaker is in 8+/10 condition and has none of the blemishes that the other one does.

Read more about them here: https://sigsound.com/merlin-tsm/

These retailed for over $3000 USD. I'm selling them for $OLD shipped in the Continental US. No budging on the price (I'll keep them and store them for one day when I finally get a vacation home!)

If you're local to the Seattle, WA area, I can throw in a pair of the Osiris speaker stands (https://sigsound.com/classic-product-info/osiris-audionics-speaker-stands/) for $100. These are extremely heavy, sand/buckshot fillable, and a perfect match for the Merlins. They aren't perfect though but can be powder coated by a shop to look new and perfect. I will NOT ship these stands as I have no boxes/packaging for them and finding/making them is beyond the time I have currently.
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2019, 05:04 pm by SFDude »

guls

Re: FS: Merlin TSM-mxe speakers
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2019, 10:36 pm »
Are you sure the TSM models have Esotar tweeter?

SFDude

« Reply #2 on: 16 Oct 2019, 03:30 pm »
Are you sure the TSM models have Esotar tweeter?

You are correct! I mixed the TSMs up with the VSMs, which have the Esotar tweeter. The TSMs should have the Morel one. Both soft dome tweeters.

Thanks for pointing it out!

AudioDwebe

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2019, 04:03 am »
Hello.

Interested and live in Port Orchard.  Can you contact me at mamoru.wilkie@gmail.com to discuss?

Thanks.