Roll Call: RMAF 2017

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Re: Roll Call: RMAF 2017
« Reply #20 on: 3 Oct 2017, 11:38 am »
Audio by Van Alstine will be at RMAF sharing a display room with the fantastic Alta loudspeakers.

We will be introducing a brand new remote control preamp in two versions.  The Fet Valve CFR pure tube preamp and the Vision SLR Class A discrete solid state preamp.

Both have remote volume, remote on and off, and remote source selection.   Both also have stereo-mono, low gain, high filter, and low filter functions.  Both have refined audio circuits better and quieter than ever.

We will also feature our new DAC MK FIVE which has two coax, two optical, and USB inputs.  The new DAC plays PCM up to and including 192/24 and DSD 64 and 128 interchangingly, seamlessly, and glitch free.

We will also have a VPI turntable with Soundsmith cartridge for vinyl lovers to showcase our awesome new Vision Q phono preamp.

Anitcables is supplying us with all the high quality cables for all the equipment connections and we will have a PS Audio line conditioner too. Mojo is supplying a custom reworked Apple computer upgraded as our digital music source.

Meet us in room 7024 of the tower, one of the bigger rooms, see you there and expect sonic bliss.

Frank

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 3 Oct 2017, 11:46 am »
Frank - This is October. They should have given you a room number by now.

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #22 on: 3 Oct 2017, 11:51 am »
See above, room 7024.  Did not have that info handy when writing post above at 6 am on my iPad before office computers were on.  Fixed now.

Frank

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #23 on: 3 Oct 2017, 01:08 pm »
Thanks.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #24 on: 3 Oct 2017, 04:48 pm »
I will try to stop by on Sunday, when all the systems have been tuned in.  :wink:

Once again, RMAF takes place the same time as the Great American Beer Festival.

I will be busy with various events during the week, but if any of you have the time, try to stop by Station 26 Brewing Co on your way in or out of town.

If any of you might be interested in heading out for some beers, here is a list of what is going on in Denver that week.

Great American Beer Festival events

It would be good to see you.  If the Pint Brothers Bar (Is this formerly Lift bar?) ain't hopping on Friday,  I may take an Uber out to you.  How long a drive is your bar to the hotel?

targa02

« Reply #25 on: 3 Oct 2017, 10:05 pm »
After attending RMAF for the last five years, I will be taking a break this year. I am having second thoughts about my decision...

TomS

« Reply #26 on: 4 Oct 2017, 12:29 am »
Yup, also taking a break, busy with a move.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #27 on: 5 Oct 2017, 05:05 pm »
Already here.  See you folks soon!

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #28 on: 7 Oct 2017, 07:54 pm »
Any impressions thus far?

Anybody been in the ELAC Adante room yet? Spatial?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #29 on: 7 Oct 2017, 08:16 pm »
The spatial audio x2's sounded nice with the Rossi LIO.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #30 on: 8 Oct 2017, 01:13 am »
Any impressions thus far?

Anybody been in the ELAC Adante room yet? Spatial?

ELAC Adante sound really nice... imo you could spend multiples the price of the Adantes and end up with a speaker that isn't as good. The tweeter is a bit laid back compared to the Be domes and ribbons, it might be a bit on the forgiving side which is probably a good thing at the price as most won't spend way more than the speakers on electronics. Also, most of the speakers with Be dome or nice ribbons the same size are at least double the price, for example the new Revels were a couple notches better but 2x the price.

roscoeiii

« Reply #31 on: 8 Oct 2017, 01:20 am »
ELAC Adante sound really nice... imo you could spend multiples the price of the Adantes and end up with a speaker that isn't as good. The tweeter is a bit laid back compared to the Be domes and ribbons, it might be a bit on the forgiving side which is probably a good thing at the price as most won't spend way more than the speakers on electronics. Also, most of the speakers with Be dome or nice ribbons the same size are at least double the price, for example the new Revels were a couple notches better but 2x the price.

Floorstanders or monitors?

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #32 on: 8 Oct 2017, 02:01 am »
Floorstanders or monitors?

Floorstanders.

The ELAC Dolby Atmos demo next door was pretty impressive too, $4200 for all speakers + subs...

witchdoctor

« Reply #33 on: 8 Oct 2017, 02:16 am »
Floorstanders.

The ELAC Dolby Atmos demo next door was pretty impressive too, $4200 for all speakers + subs...

Did they demo music too or just a movie? How did you like the Atmos demo?

Phil A

« Reply #34 on: 8 Oct 2017, 01:16 pm »
Did they demo music too or just a movie? How did you like the Atmos demo?
Yes - had concert video

randytsuch

« Reply #35 on: 8 Oct 2017, 02:22 pm »
Anyone go to room 2014?
Along with the stuff mentioned, Ciunas Audio is there and wondered how it sounds

Randy

Phil A

« Reply #36 on: 8 Oct 2017, 02:40 pm »
Anyone go to room 2014?
Along with the stuff mentioned, Ciunas Audio is there and wondered how it sounds

Randy

That’s on (the 2nd floor) on my agenda today

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #37 on: 8 Oct 2017, 04:38 pm »
Another curiosity of mine is the Paradigm Persona speakers. These are supposed to compete with the big boys and have all beryllium drivers. If anybody has a chance to peek in there let us know.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #38 on: 8 Oct 2017, 11:56 pm »
Anyone go to room 2014?

Randy

Really good! Best value of the show and there were a lot of excellent high value speakers there... I'd choose them over the ELAC Adante. The AudioKenisis speakers now have compression drivers with beryllium diaphragms and they sound really nice, much clearer and more extended. The bass was also excellent, very clean and low distortion. It's hard to tell exactly what the electronics are contributing but they were obviously doing a good job. 

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #39 on: 9 Oct 2017, 12:14 am »
Anyone go to room 2014?

Randy

Do you have a Sonore ultraRendu? I noticed Ciunas had their power supply on the ultra for this room. I've heard good things about them and makes me interested in trying their ISO-PS on my ultraRendu.