Gallery of GIK Treatments

Ace Deprave

Re: Gallery of GIK Treatments
« Reply #40 on: 10 Jan 2015, 10:12 pm »
Don't know how I missed those pictures.  :duh: Wow those look GREAT!!

Thanks! I'm very happy with everything!

How often do people get to say that?

Here's photo documentation of the whole project, if you're interested!

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=130729.0

respected_net

« Reply #41 on: 1 Mar 2015, 06:09 am »
Thanks for all the pictures!  I am in the process of treating my new listening room.  Now I have a better idea on how to proceed.  This tread is very helpful!

jimtranr

« Reply #42 on: 22 May 2015, 08:08 pm »

The recent delivery of a pair of 244's with scatter plates (shown flanking a standard 244) and a pair of 12"x48" Monster Traps (for the corners) completes treatment of the rear wall...and, with that, the entire room.

advanced101

« Reply #43 on: 6 Dec 2015, 09:38 pm »

GIK Equipment:
Soffit Traps Under Window
Corner Traps in Front room HVAC Bumpout
Monster Traps with Scatter plates next to speakers
Alpha 4s
GridFusers above the Alpha 4s
Monster trap mirroring hallway
- Diy Skyline Diffuser in window

Future Additions
Gridfuser Cloud on Ceiling
2 more DIY Skyline Diffusers for Windows

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #44 on: 6 Dec 2015, 10:06 pm »
Very nice  :P

Best,
Anand.

BEM10001

« Reply #45 on: 21 Apr 2016, 01:19 am »
GIK Alpha Tri Traps behind my VMPS RM2 speakers which are used as surrounds and subs. Panels I built myself with supplies from GIK and the large one is a Marimekko wall hanging that I used to cover the large panel I made. Didn't want just solid fabric all the way across the wall.

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #46 on: 21 Apr 2016, 01:21 am »
Beautiful aesthetic  :thumb:

Anand.

advanced101

« Reply #47 on: 14 Jul 2016, 12:17 am »
Installed 3 Polyfusors in the front 3 windows. Looks great and like the change in sound. I feel they expanded the sound stage and created a livelier presentation. 

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #48 on: 14 Jul 2016, 01:29 am »
Awesome! :green:

Best,
Anand

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #49 on: 14 Jul 2016, 01:47 pm »
GIK Alpha Tri Traps behind my VMPS RM2 speakers which are used as surrounds and subs. Panels I built myself with supplies from GIK and the large one is a Marimekko wall hanging that I used to cover the large panel I made. Didn't want just solid fabric all the way across the wall.

Gorgeous - The colors just pop.
The coffee table reminds me of GIK's Alpha Panel Diffusor's

max190

• Home of the St. Louis Cardinals!
« Reply #50 on: 14 Jul 2016, 01:50 pm »
Installed 3 Polyfusors in the front 3 windows. Looks great and like the change in sound. I feel they expanded the sound stage and created a livelier presentation. 

Wow! Outstanding. Please put me in that chair...

Folkman

« Reply #51 on: 6 Mar 2017, 01:06 pm »
Just finished building a dedicated listening room and fully treated with GIK panels , with help from Lukas.

8 x Tri traps in all corners.
8 x Monster bass traps with range limiters [4 on walls and 4 behind curtains]
4 x 242s at first reflection points on walls and ceiling.
1 x 6A Alpha panel in window behind listening position.

Am very pleased with the results  :D :D

Lukas Rimbach

« Reply #52 on: 8 Mar 2017, 03:52 pm »
Thank you for posting this  :D

It is a really great room!

rockadanny

« Reply #53 on: 8 Mar 2017, 09:21 pm »
Updated on 6/1/2021 with new panels - page forward for a more recent post ...

« Last Edit: 1 Jun 2021, 03:29 pm by rockadanny »

stellablues

« Reply #54 on: 17 Mar 2017, 06:12 pm »

Based on my understanding Would it not be more productive to put the monster traps at the first reflection points and put the Alpha panels before or after those? Where on the side walls does first reflection happen in your room?

benguin

« Reply #55 on: 31 Mar 2017, 06:32 pm »
I took a couple of pictures for Bryan and Glenn, who were both immensely helpful throughout the process, and thought I'd post them here.

I first met Bryan at Axpona last year, where he reviewed by room layout diagram and almost instantly identified some placement changes (move to diagonal placement) that I didn't think would be livable, but were both great from aesthetics and provided a major sound improvement.   Next up was to get the REW software and get some measurements on the room- and as expected of a low ceiling basement area with lots of hard surfaces and irregular walls and ceilings, it was not good.

Enter a whole lot of treatment in core areas, and the results are stunning from clarity, sound stage, and decay.  I've taken some quick measurements and the difference is huge.  The ceiling panel, although a challenge to mount, really was worth adding to the wall treatment.

GIK treatments- Four 244 wall panels, 2 soffit traps stacked in corner, 1 tritrap back corner,  two 244 24" squares, and two of the new Impressions panels (which have been a great visual treat).

Thanks to Bryan, Glenn, and Christina for their help!
    Ben

jimtranr

« Reply #56 on: 15 Apr 2017, 09:09 pm »
When the only TV in the house resides in the GIK-treated living/dining room and husband would rather listen than watch what wife has selected with the Comcast remote, the bedroom audio system is his only viable option. But the bedroom is a 13'x11'x8' sardine can stuffed with the furniture that makes a bedroom what it is and asymmetrically configured with chest-high windows on one side, a louvered-door closet on the other, and no usable right-front corner because a door opens there. To add insult to sonic injury, the stand-mounted speakers have virtually no breathing room with a low-boy dresser sandwiched between them. Then there are the framed prints, jewel boxes, and assorted knick-knacks that, in the name of domestic peace and tranquility, shall not be moved. And of course to top it all off, there's the question of what would happen to my marriage if I started moving what my wife calls '2001 monoliths' into our bedroom. 

One of the benefits of having already treated the main audio system is that I could cannibalize its 2'x4' full-range and scatter-plated 244s along with its 1'x4' Monsters to see what effect they would have on what I would hear from my Paradigm Studio 20s while plopped out on the bed. Not all at once, of course. If I was going to get away with this, mission creep had to be my M.O. So I started with the front wall (two full-range 244s and a Monster). Having received no adverse reaction, I did the rear wall (two scatter-plated 244s and a Monster). Same non-reaction, maybe because I figured out how to move the prints around so all could remain on that wall after I positioned the traps. Feeling safe, I started ordering traps from Christina Stone in stages. An already too-long story short, I proceeded to the first reflection points, then the second, and, finally, after a very helpful consultation with Bryan Pape--and in what I thought would be an esthetic and functional deal breaker--2'x2' 244s to cover the dresser front to reduce its SBIR.

As it turned out, my wife liked what she heard from the additions, so everything stays...like so:

Not an interior decorator's dream design. But, no pun intended (and apologies to Cole Porter), the difference in the bedroom-system listening experience pre- and post-treatment is night and day. My thanks again to Bryan for his sage advice and Christina for her patience in dealing with the staging of my orders to enable me to put what I "borrowed" from the main system back where it belongs. And, of course, thanks to my wife for her forbearance.

--Jim 

EVOLVIST

« Reply #57 on: 14 May 2017, 05:32 am »
Pair of Tri-Traps stacked in each front corner:

Pair of 244 Bass Traps on each side wall; three Evolution PolyFusor Diffusor / Absorber panels on the back wall:

Are those Egglestons?

rockadanny

« Reply #58 on: 14 May 2017, 04:50 pm »
Are those Egglestons?

Hello EVOLVIST. Yes they are - Fontaines (original model, with black Italian granite sides). Lovely to hear and view as well (biased  :) ).

EVOLVIST

« Reply #59 on: 15 May 2017, 06:33 am »
Hello EVOLVIST. Yes they are - Fontaines (original model, with black Italian granite sides). Lovely to hear and view as well (biased  :) ).

Excellent! I just sold some Andra IIs. Not because they are bad speakers. They are fantastic, only I wanted to move to a smaller room in the house, so I believe I'm going to pick up some Audio Physic Avanti 30th Anniversary...but I also have some Decware ERRs coming in w/ upgrades caps and resistors.

That's pretty nearfield. How far away are your speakers from your listening spot, and how big is your room?