Wago connectors

richidoo

Wago connectors
« on: 8 Oct 2021, 05:46 pm »

These work well for prototyping and tweaking a new crossover. Much easier and faster and more fun than soldering.

They have copper alloy conductor inside and are approved for permanent install of house wiring to replace wire nuts, so it's safe to use them inside speaker.

The 5 hole version is best for the complexity of xo circuits. The 10 pack was not enough to make two simple series 2 way XOs so get the 40 pack if you design steeper, multi way filters. They are reusuable and grip well on very thin and very thick leads.

I have only used them on one project so far, and have not compared SQ to soldered XO, but my speakers using these on the crossover do sound very good.

Whenever I visited Rick Craig's house he often had prototype crossovers in development, using clothespins to temporarily join the components on a plywood board on the floor. I saw these on utoob over the summer and was excited to send Rick a pack of them but I procrastinated a little too long.  :(  RIP

Thanks to NoahH's post in GR Research Circle for reminding me to post about these...

ellisr63

Re: Wago connectors
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2022, 11:11 pm »
I second that... I have used them while wiring amps to make sure everything is working properly before finalizing the wiring.

Early B.

Re: Wago connectors
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2022, 02:38 am »
Yep. I'm using Wago connectors on my super tweeter crossovers. They work so well that I haven't bothered to solder everything together yet.