Cheap Blu Ray Player

Escott1377

Cheap Blu Ray Player
« on: 16 Sep 2020, 10:31 pm »
Need suggestions on a blu Ray player for the living room please.  I bought the Wohome sound bar that was recommended earlier.  We can stream on our TV and I am not a fan of Sony (Soon Or Not Yet).  Suggestions appreciated.

bladerunner6

Re: Cheap Blu Ray Player
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2020, 07:12 pm »
Samsung springs to mind.

nature boy

« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2020, 08:57 pm »
Get a used Oppo. Built like tanks, great video & sound quality.

NB

MttBsh

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2020, 02:10 am »
Get a used Oppo. Built like tanks, great video & sound quality.

NB

I've always heard Oppos are built like tanks too... but the one I bought a few years ago failed after about a year, the DVD drawer got stuck and wouldn't open. Maybe mine was the exception but I was pretty disappointed with it. I replaced it with a much cheaper Sony Blu Ray that still works fine today and its audio and video quality are every bit as good as the Oppo. (for audio I always used digital out to my DAC)

Djs7901

« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2020, 11:58 am »
Used Cambridge Audio Azur 752bd bluray/universal disc player.  Doesn't have much streaming capabilities but you're doing that with your TV anyway. 

Lkdog

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2020, 06:37 am »
I second the used OPPO idea. Great video and audio and network streaming. Have had one for a few years and am very happy with it.
There is a OPPO 105D for sale on the forum right now that is highly modded by a known vendor that is a smoking deal.

duff138

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2020, 03:21 am »
I've always heard Oppos are built like tanks too... but the one I bought a few years ago failed after about a year, the DVD drawer got stuck and wouldn't open. Maybe mine was the exception but I was pretty disappointed with it. I replaced it with a much cheaper Sony Blu Ray that still works fine today and its audio and video quality are every bit as good as the Oppo. (for audio I always used digital out to my DAC)

One of their models had this issue. I own one with with same problem, apparently they will fix it for $100.   I own an Oppo DVD that still works perfectly.

fredgarvin