Spikes?

foz1982

• When I listen to PF the neigbors listen to PF
Spikes?
« on: 14 Dec 2015, 10:51 pm »
Has anyone used spikes or gliders under Kismet speakers and if so what was the outcome.
Also has anyone heard the Kismet & the Liquid. What do the Liquids do that the Kismets do not???
I own the Kismets and just wonder how the Liquids compare.
Thanks
Scott

cementhead

Re: Spikes?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2015, 12:01 pm »
I bought rubber feet from Parts express for my Kismets.Placed them on end tables and am happy with the set up. The end tables are much more stable than the stands I had and the rubber feet keeps everything secure. Hope that helps.

AlTran

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2015, 06:00 pm »
Hi Scott,
 I'm owning the first pair of Liquids, the pair he brought to the Newport show this year. I use the cones from Audio Selections for my speakers. I use all of Mapleshade brass feet for all my other components. The results is amazing.  My friend has a pair of the Kismets monitors, these are very good and amazing. The Liquids??? Oh well, all I can say is that Klaus named it LIQUIDS for a reason. It is as simple as LIQUIDS, that's the sound I'm getting. You are welcome to P.M. me & will further discuss how it sounds.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2016, 10:00 pm »
Any and all methods of decoupling will work, be it cones, spikes, Legos, etc....the most effective uses are for speakers, CD players, and, of course tt's....essentially the idea is to get rid of all mechanical / vibration-al  energies, and decoupling works wonders.........

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2016, 10:39 pm »
It's hard to beat IsoAcoustics stands for monitors...