At last my pictures posted as promised , enjoy .thanks.

Curt

« Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2003, 12:20 pm »
WOW  :o  The RM40s are verry impressive in these photos, bigger than I though they were, love the color. They've got to fill the room with music.

Dual FSTs seem interesting but I'm not familiar with Brian's design so I have nothing to add.

Thanks Audiochef, for taking the time to share your system with us.

audiochef

risers near midrange
« Reply #21 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:06 pm »
These are actually sheets of foam i found at an art andcraft store.Identical material used  in Wilson Sophias andWatt puppies.I just measured and cut with knife and yard stick.they,re done at the same time I got the FSTs ,six months ago, my own version of lapels. they do help antidifraction. The tweeters are foam as they are more effective for the highs. Glad you like them, I apprciate it. thanks, Stan

audiochef

midrage risers-(2ndreply) hope this one post
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:29 pm »
The black you see are actually foam sheets I found at an artsand craft store. Imeasured and cut with yard stick and  knife. they,re do actually help in antidifraction. they are the same material used by Wlsons Watt puppies and Sophias. this ws done at the time of FST mod , about six months ago. Outside tweeters  are actually Brians foam which I discovered works best with highs.Glad you noticed them .much appreciated. thanks, Stan

audiochef

risers on mids
« Reply #23 on: 24 Jul 2003, 04:52 pm »
My apollogies Audioarchitect answer was for you. thank you for the complement.Stan

fredgarvin

pics
« Reply #24 on: 28 Jul 2003, 01:50 am »
Nice pics :D  Audiochef! I'm sure you are happy with the Aragon amp. The 40's really are attractive speakers, in spite of what some say, I wish I could fit them into my room. I also used the Pioneer sx 1080 for several years and was very happy with its powerful sound, then. A few years ago it went south on me and being without a replacement I picked up a cheap Kenwood reciever to hold me over while I looked for something suitable. It was $150 bucks but had an all discrete design. I was shocked when I turned it on and it sounded so much more open and palpable than the 20 year old Pioneer... Even with the improvements in modern amp design and implementation, I still think fondly of the old Pioneer!

audiochef

pics
« Reply #25 on: 28 Jul 2003, 04:02 am »
Thanks for the complement,fredgarvin. You're right,the Aragon is a great  match for the rm40s . No complaints. As for the 1080 ,it's great. I tweaked it out a bit like removing plastic off caps and modified powercord. Appreciate the interest, thanks,Stan

Andrikos

« Reply #26 on: 1 Aug 2003, 09:27 pm »
audiochef,
just wondering:
do you lose any bass by putting the RM40's so close to the back wall?
Thanks,
Andreas

audiochef

bass quantity
« Reply #27 on: 2 Aug 2003, 04:51 am »
Andreas, no I'm sure  I'm actually gaining abit of bass with rear wall reiforcement. Althuogh ,there is no wall to the left because of the entrance to the hall there .Fortunately for me bass level is actually pretty even on all sides of the room. I certainately would'nt  describe bass level as being light in any way,except for a  little  around the 200 hz range.   All in all with the more than sufficient quantities of  mid  and high  freqencies ,I'm very satisfied with the fullness of sound VMPS is known for.                                                                                                         Are you having any problems with bass in your room-speaker set up?                                                                                                                                                               thanks for the inquiry.Stan