At last my pictures posted as promised , enjoy .thanks.

audiochef

The analog system I posted  consist of vintage pioneer sx1080 , ctf 1000,
technics tt. and VMPS(TTSEs)  I feel is  unbeatable by todays systems at triple the price.

Phil P

finish
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2003, 12:46 am »
What is the finish of your RM-40's? Satin black or piano black? Is it a standard finish or an optional finish that you have to pay more for?

audiochef

finish
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:16 am »
The sides are high gloss black,fronts are satin. I believe the new cabinets are high gloss all around except for round trims on front. I actually saw them at the factory. Beautiful. Thanks, Stan

Horsehead

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:41 am »
How about some close-up shots of those dual FSTs! :D

Juan R

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:48 am »
I can not see your pictures, if any way you can put them in the gallery section.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:50 am »
I can't see them either :-(

audiochef

closeups of FSTs
« Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2003, 01:58 am »
I did have one close up which also showed closeup of my thin foam mid lapels,but it was such a nightmare for my generous friend to post any pitures on this site  that we decided that these were most telltale of what consisted of this system. My appologies and feel free to ask more specific questions that I may answer . Thank you. Stan

audiochef

can't see pictures
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2003, 02:07 am »
I'm completely computer illiterate.I'll see if my friend would be good enough  to go through the trouble of posting  on gallerry  for you guys. Sorry and thanks for the intrest. STAN

Juan R

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2003, 02:18 am »
Is very simple, go to gallery, follow the instruction to get the picture from your computer,even I could do it.

Horsehead

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jul 2003, 02:20 am »
Lucky me- I can see the pictures fine!  One suggestion Stan- You may want to contact Eighth Nerve and try some of there products in your room.  They are fairly economical, easy to try, and come with a money back guarantee.  I tried them, they work, and I kept them.  Very effective.  What about moving the couch in between the two speakers and trying a little more toe-in?  You have anything to dampen reflections off the right side wall?  It looks a little closer than the left side and may introduce some unwanted reflections.  Just a couple of suggestions from one audiophile to another- I'm not trying to be crticial of your system .  If it sounds great ignore my advice :wink:

audiochef

3 pics on gallery
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jul 2003, 02:36 am »
Three of four pics on gallery. Thanks for the advice Horsehead,but have experimented to many times to count , this seems to work best for me. Much appreciated though. I'lltry to post the analog picture now . thanks.

audiochef

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jul 2003, 02:36 am »

audiochef

3 pics on gallery
« Reply #12 on: 24 Jul 2003, 02:36 am »
Three of four pics on gallery. Thanks for the advice Horsehead,but have experimented to many times to count , this seems to work best for me. Much appreciated though. I'lltry to post the analog picture now . thanks.

audiochef

photos now on gallery
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jul 2003, 04:13 am »
sorry for inconvienience

ekovalsky

« Reply #14 on: 24 Jul 2003, 04:28 am »
:o   Most impressive, audiochef.  Thanks for sharing your unique speakers!

What do you have mounted next to the terminal block on the rear of the speakers?  Extra crossover components for the new tweeters?  And are those extra passive parts connecting the +/- speakers wires?

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know what crossover changes were necessary to accomodate the dual FST setup.  Since the RM/X has six neo panels and a single FST, the output of the two in your RM-40's must be padded down quite a bit to keep the levels matched.

Tyson

« Reply #15 on: 24 Jul 2003, 05:43 am »
Audiochef,
One thing to do (if you haven't already) is flip the jumper switch on the back of the speaker to the up position, and use a high quality speaker wire jumper to connect your upper and lower binding posts on each speaker.  Makes a rather large improvement in clarity and focus from the mid panels and tweeters (it was great before, now its amazing).  

I had a pair of jumpers made by Bolder cables for my 40's, with a bybee filter built in (another noticable improvement in clarity and lower noise floor).  Check it out here:

http://www.boldercables.com/Store.asp?m=TheBolderCableCompany&n=10&k=119138&s=Audio+Cables

With the Bybee they're $375, without they're $175.  Either one is a very good choice for bypassing that switch.

audiochef

rear bindings on my 40s
« Reply #16 on: 24 Jul 2003, 05:47 am »
Cables are Taralabs  w/ aftermarket WBTS. Small square blocks are Walker Audio High Definition Links. Large plasic fins are Tecknasonic vibration absorbers. Thanks for asking. Crossover is designed by Brian at 7k. Nice almost life size cymbles. Probably get similar results with just one tweeter.

audiochef

jumper cables
« Reply #17 on: 24 Jul 2003, 05:55 am »
thanks for the info Tyson, I've already done that with my single wired TTSEs) to great effect. but I was under the imppression this isn't neseccery with bi-wiring. Am I wrong? thanks .Stan

Tyson

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2003, 06:55 am »
If you're biwiring, its all good :-D

Audio Architect

Re: At last my pictures posted as promised , enjoy .thanks.
« Reply #19 on: 24 Jul 2003, 10:48 am »
http://www.audiocircle.com/image.php?id=708[/img]

Are there beveled risers between the main baffle and the mid ribbons and tweeters or is it an optical illusion. If it is a risser it seams like a great idea. Great looking system.