Anti-vibration and Nuforce Feet

Beano

« on: 16 Aug 2005, 06:28 pm »
Would there be any sound improvement/changes if after market cones/spikes/damping devices are positioned under the blocks?

[I edited the title - Jason]

mmakshak

Isolation devices for Nuforce
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2005, 08:59 pm »
I currently have my 8.01b's sitting on a Brightstar isorock prototype reference 3(I think that's what it's called.) with nothing on top.  I will be changing this(because I need a new rack) to Mapleshade maple with brass on top(I think).

Beano

Re: Isolation devices for Nuforce
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2005, 06:26 am »
Quote from: mmakshak
I currently have my 8.01b's sitting on a Brightstar isorock prototype reference 3(I think that's what it's called.) with nothing on top.  I will be changing this(because I need a new rack) to Mapleshade maple with brass on top(I think).

Was there any discernable sound difference with these isolation devices?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2005, 06:44 am »
We don't think these isolation devices matter much to switching amp where it switches at  a few hundred KHz. I am sure some people do believe it matters and may be they can provide some scientific reason.

Beano

« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2005, 07:13 am »
Quote from: nuforce-jason
We don't think these isolation devices matter much to switching amp where it switches at  a few hundred KHz. I am sure some people do believe it matters and may be they can provide some scientific reason.

Jason, would that also help fix any signal deterioration from the input side due to  micro vibrations? I.e if the chassis of the amp is vibrating, would the signal connection from the source/preamp be negatively impacted resulting in the amp reading the less than ideal signal and amplifying that?

I am a bit confused with the theories behind vibration and its impact on hifi sound as there seem to be all kinds of opinions. So I usually just go with the listening experience whether myself or others.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2005, 07:22 am »
It is possible only if the metal contact of the interconnect or speaker cable is loose. I would say if it can't be quantify (ok, that's just my personal opinion),  then go with double blind test.   Something that can't explain or measure doesn't mean it is not there  :wink:

mmakshak

Did it make any difference?
« Reply #6 on: 25 Aug 2005, 05:48 am »
I don't know.  I'm in the camp that believes that it does.  For instance, the best thing I ever did in this area was Mapleshade's maple with their rubber, cork, rubber footers for my turntable.  My previous setup was Nuforce 8b's on isonodes on a Classe amp on that same isorock platform.  I put my 8.01's directly on the isorock.  I haven't really thought further about it because, first I will be changing this, and second other areas of my setup, I believe, are more in need of looking at.