Let's see your tubes!

shoot

Re: Let's see your tubes!
« Reply #780 on: 4 Mar 2014, 05:14 pm »
They are not, the 7L1 always sounds better
Spot the difference

a little difference with the supporter ?

adrianc

« Reply #781 on: 4 Mar 2014, 05:21 pm »
Correct,that's enough to make them sounds different.
We stayed in the Sharm EL Sheikh area which is ok. 27degree compare to 1 degree when backed,sigh.

shoot

« Reply #782 on: 4 Mar 2014, 05:30 pm »
Correct,that's enough to make them sounds different.
We stayed in the Sharm EL Sheikh area which is ok. 27degree compare to 1 degree when backed,sigh.
Are they winkles glass or clear glass?

adrianc

« Reply #783 on: 4 Mar 2014, 05:34 pm »
Wrinkle glass of course !!

rodama

« Reply #784 on: 10 Mar 2014, 11:45 pm »
Nearly all Telefunken ECC88 come with thick fat getter but most of their E88CC gold pin are not.
Different version Telefunken E88CC
Vertical rib support thin getter
45 degree flat support thick fat getter with cooper rod
45 degree flat support thick fat getter with nickel rod
The one with cooper rod sounds best but to me,they still not good enough when to other top E88CCs

Hello Adrianc, I have an early made in May 1957 "triple gold" version, gold pin, gold wire, gold rods.

regards

adrianc

« Reply #785 on: 11 Mar 2014, 12:10 am »
Hi rodama, very unusual valve,first time seen this,looks like a normal thin getter?have you compare the sound with other Telefunken E88CC,
Regards
adrianc

rodama

« Reply #786 on: 11 Mar 2014, 03:19 pm »
Hello adriac, I've been search for another e88cc like this one to use in both chanel on my system, unfortunately seems that this tube is almost unique. :duh:
I paired it with copper rod 1961 made for auditioning in my amp and to my ears this gold version sounds more refined and clear with more separation in frequencies, but it's hard to tell with this kind of mixed tube listening.
The getter is fat one looking, but very slightly thin than the common fat one.

adrianc

« Reply #787 on: 11 Mar 2014, 04:16 pm »
HI,rodama,it's not surprise that you can not find another one as this valve is so rare,personally I don't like Telefunken E88CCS as most of them are weak dynamic when compare to other top sounding E88CC,
I got this Disc getter Telefunken printed E88CC but made by Siemens.

rodama

« Reply #788 on: 12 Mar 2014, 05:25 pm »
I think this can be a prothotype made in the first year of telefunken production of e88cc, so who knows how many were made and how many remains today? Another significative characteristic I forgot to mention is that the pieces supporting the upper shield are in a pale grey, this is most noticeable in pic 3.
Wow... that Siemens disc getter is supossed to be made around late 55 to early 56... very very early production, still keep the codes? rare piece!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #789 on: 12 Mar 2014, 07:24 pm »
Rodama,
I like your photos, impressive macros, I wish I would take images like this.
A brief out of topic: what are you camera and lenses??
Thanks

rodama

« Reply #790 on: 13 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm »
Hello Fullrangeman, glad you like it, it is a Sigma SD15 with Sigma 105 2.8 macro.
The pictures could be more sharp and detailed than these but the light must be under control, I took this pair just under bright sun.
Any lens with amplification factor of 1:1 would do this close.
regards

shoot

« Reply #791 on: 13 Mar 2014, 03:31 pm »
HI,rodama,it's not surprise that you can not find another one as this valve is so rare,personally I don't like Telefunken E88CCS as most of them are weak dynamic when compare to other top sounding E88CC,
I got this Disc getter Telefunken printed E88CC but made by Siemens.

another one :lol:

Captainhemo

« Reply #792 on: 29 Mar 2014, 04:43 pm »
Canada Fuller EL34G

with  '62 Amperex ECC83 (Fisher Lavels)  and Mullard CV4024

-jay

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
Coincident Frankenstein II
« Reply #793 on: 3 Apr 2014, 06:35 pm »

Have several pairs of 300Bs...these EMLs, Sophia Royal Princesses, JJs, Gold Lions, original Shuguang Treasures, Psvane TIIs.  5U4Gs are many brands of OS.  The 6EM7 Voltage-gain/driver is a dissimilar triode and those too I have in many old brands, and with so many appearing to be rebranded, I sort and box by plate type, such as gray/gray, black/black, black/black-T, etc.  Have had the amps only a couple months and haven't characterized any of these tubes...

...but the amps sure sound good with Serenity Super-7s.

BTW the tubes--and the amps--seem to be no more microfonic than other tubes and amps, but I've been using Herbie's Tube dampers for decades, and they definitely reduce the edginess that comes from microfonic tubes.  The steel blocks I already had; they have Herbie's Grungebuster pads on their bottoms, and I use so many only because I have them and can place them on the amps.  Herbie's Tall Tenderfeet replace the original feet.

adrianc

« Reply #794 on: 14 Apr 2014, 03:56 pm »
GEC N709 = el84

shoot

« Reply #795 on: 14 Apr 2014, 05:00 pm »
GEC N709 = el84

WOW!!NOS original GEC(OSRAM)made EL84.some said it's the best el84 of all,How do you think?I only have some used,but tested as new.

adrianc

« Reply #796 on: 14 Apr 2014, 05:42 pm »
Hi shoot,I don,t think they are the best  sounding EL84,when compare to the 1608 Mullard,the mid are blur which really surprise me and that,s the reason why they are in the loft.To me mullard 1608 still the king of EL84.

shoot

« Reply #797 on: 14 Apr 2014, 05:54 pm »
Hi shoot,I don,t think they are the best  sounding EL84,when compare to the 1608 Mullard,the mid are blur which really surprise me and that,s the reason why they are in the loft.To me mullard 1608 still the king of EL84.
it's too rare,don't have chance to hear it.how do you think telefunken el84 sounds?

shoot

« Reply #798 on: 14 Apr 2014, 06:06 pm »
brimar flying lead cv4069   :lol:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #799 on: 14 Apr 2014, 06:31 pm »
brimar flying lead cv4069   :lol:

Interesting leads! I wonder how these leads work??
This tube are intend to work without socket??
The wires seems to be solded in the circuit.