Eilish

Shamrock Audio

Eilish
« on: 31 May 2003, 07:51 pm »
Very shortly we will be introducing the Eilish.

The Eilish will provide the same high quality cabinetry as our Eire in a smaller package. (Shown here in cherry veneer with a Peruvian walnut baffle.)

The Eilish is a rear-ported system using a 5" woofer and a 1" dome tweeter. High quality veneers and solid wood baffles are standard. More information will be available soon.

The Eilish will be available as early as the end of June.

audiojerry

Eilish
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2003, 03:09 pm »
Hello Mike,
I just happened to notice Shamrock for the first time today, when I noticed that Merle was selling his pair. I spent a little time researching your business. Your products look great, and your audition policy sounds too good to be true, which suggests you are so confident in your speakers that you believe hardly anyone will return them.

I visited your website, but I couldn't find a list of models and prices of your finished speakers. I also didn't see anything discussing driver or performance specifics. Can you help with that?

Shamrock Audio

Eilish
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2003, 05:02 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry
Hello Mike,
I just happened to notice Shamrock for the first time today, when I noticed that Merle was selling his pair. I spent a little time researching your business. Your products look great, and your audition policy sounds too good to be true, which suggests you are so confident in your speakers that you believe hardly anyone will return them.

Hi Jerry,

I hear that Merle has decided to keep his SE-1's, but hasn't said so publicly.

Yes, we do have confidence in our products. We opened in 1993, introduced the Eire in 1997, and have so far had one set of speakers returned by a client. Nothing made by man is perfect, and therefore no business is perfect either. However, we make every effort to ensure that each and every client we work with receives the very best product we know how to make.

Quote from: audiojerry
I visited your website, but I couldn't find a list of models and prices of your finished speakers. I also didn't see anything discussing driver or performance specifics. Can you help with that?

http://www.shamrockaudio.com/finished_systems.htm

While we're expanding our product line, the Eire is currently our only commercial product. The Eilish will be joining the Eire soon, as will other systems as they are ready.

In an industry that would seem to be populated by used car salesmen and carnival barkers, we found early-on that all sorts of things are claimed and numbers are manipulated or even lied about for the sole purpose of convincing the consumer to buy a particular product. The result is that the better the numbers look the greater your chances of selling the product. This puts huge pressure on the marketing departments to make the numbers look better to a potential consumer. Aside from the fact that the numbers will tell you nothing about how the product will sound, the fact that the numbers are often "fudged" will tell you nothing reliable about the technical performance or suitability for your particular application.

Nevertheless, the Eire is -3db at 38Hz. It will reach well into the low 30's in an average room. The Eire is a true 8 Ohms load, with a minimum impedance of 6.5 Ohms. The Eire is 85db when drived by 2.83V. More information is available by reading the reviews of the Eire.

The specifications on the Eilish are preliminary, but it's -3db point is about 47Hz.

I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you may have about us or our products.