Either
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: 30 Jul 2004, 03:27 am

Product Tour - Eilish or Keelin

Shamrock Audio

« on: 30 Jul 2004, 03:27 am »
Simple question for those actually planning on signing up for the product tour: Which speaker will you sign up to audition?

skchow

« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2004, 03:51 am »
For those who haven't been following the development of the keelin or the eilish, what should we expect more from the keelin as opposed the eilish?  Does it simply hit lower (due to the extra driver), or are the two totally different animals?

Sunny.

imrer

I'd suggest eilish
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2004, 07:34 am »
I didn't vote because I won't be signing  up (owning the eire, and all), but I'd suggest you use  the eilish.  first off, it's the smaller of the two, so it's cheaper and I would presume easier to send travelling, and it will likely mate better to the varied tryout locations.  Also, it is the one for which you offer the floorstanding model.  Thus, if someone were intrigued by it's sound, but wanted a floorstander, well, there you go.

But really, send out the one that you think does best service to your business, and that you can afford to write off as a loss.

And while I'm sure I don't need to say it (when has that ever stopped me) make sure that the idea of the tour is posted on the two channel and audio central forums in order to build the kind of audience that you need to make this a go.  You might post this poll question there if you really want to know what interests the masses.

Good luck with it mike.

audioslave

keelin
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2004, 08:04 am »
If (for some reason) I do not get my grubby little paws on Lonewolf's Keelins for a try-out, I would be interested in the demo tour. I want to see how they perform within the context of my system/room.

Carlman

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jul 2004, 12:00 pm »
They're both unknown's to me.  I agree the one that is lighter and more flexible might be a good one to try.  However, I've heard really good things about the Keelin from Lonewolf.  So, whatever works is fine by me.

Can I be first?  I have some auditioning going on right now and need to make some decisions.  

-C

MaxCast

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jul 2004, 12:47 pm »
Perhaps Mike could post how these speakers ship (one or two boxes) and the weight of each box so we could get an idea of what we are up against for shipping.

Is the Keelin shielded?

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jul 2004, 01:10 pm »
As I currently own the Keelins and had a pair of Eilish's, I can't vote. I would suggest that you use the Eilish. It's smaller and would be cheaper to ship. It's also excellent and would give people a good idea of what Shamrock Audio speakers are all about. I would also recommend making the demo pair in walnut. Beautiful to look at as well as listen to.  In the hopes of getting more people to be aware of the Shamrock speakers, my pair remains availible for anyone in the Baltimore/Washington D.C. area to hear. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM and I will arrange a time for you to come over for a listen. I am currently driving them with a Panasonic XR45 and the combination is stunning in it's ability to convey the heart and soul of the music. People may bring their own amps to listen is they so choose.

Shamrock Audio

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jul 2004, 03:46 pm »
I asked the question for a number of reasons. Mainly, I wanted to get a feel for what some of you might be truly interested in. There's not much value in touring something no one cares about.

That said, my preference for what to ship out leans toward the Eilish. It is smaller, lighter, less costly for everyone. Nevertheless, if the interest is in the Keelin then that's what we'll ship out. Expect to be shipping about 85#'s or better. I'll have to beef-up the crate to handle multiple shipments. One crate for each pair. Both are non-shielded.

Also, I wanted to get a feel for the level of interest in general. Rick suggested that making a post in the two-channel circle would be more productive. Perhaps. But there's also a link at the top of each page that says, "Topics since last visit." There have been 97 people that have viewed this thread, 6 have replied to it, and 4 have cared enough to vote. It appears to me that people are seeing and reading.

MaxCast

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jul 2004, 05:45 pm »
There is a post with a link in the audio central circle, by lonewolf.

ken

speaker auditions
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2004, 08:46 pm »
I'd be interested in auditioning either speaker.  I currently have a pair of GR Research AV-1's I'd like to compare the Eilish's to.  Should be interesting.

imrer

hey mike
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jul 2004, 11:34 pm »
does that counter list unique views, or could it be the same 10 people keep looking in on this thread and you aren't really getting the wide audience that it might otherwise seem?

just watching out for you, man  :wink:

Shamrock Audio

Re: hey mike
« Reply #11 on: 31 Jul 2004, 02:54 am »
Quote from: imrer
does that counter list unique views, or could it be the same 10 people keep looking in on this thread and you aren't really getting the wide audience that it might otherwise seem?

just watching out for you, man  :wink:

LOL! :)

I don't know for sure. I assume that it tracks each as new.

Kind of interesting to watch and figure out what it all means. So far, the Keelin seems to have a slight edge. However, one could also say that the vast majority of the 197 views couldn't care less. :cry:

davidg

« Reply #12 on: 4 Aug 2004, 12:57 am »
hello this is london calling. Have been having many sleepless nights reading panny, jvc digital thing and am now intrigued by these speakers. its the Merle rant thats got to me. Currently happy with my Neutonia optia cd, passive home made preamp (well its a wooden box actually, lined with tin foil) with a Rothwell stepped attenuator  in it, a Croft modified Leak Stereo 20 and Quad esl57's. Also own esl63's but they are in the doghouse for having inferior midrange to my ear. Am going to buy panny or jvc or both shortly.

1.55 a.m. here so i'm off to bed. These forums are ruining my love life  :o