Living Voice IBX/OBX R2 vs Omega

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Re: Living Voice IBX/OBX R2 vs Omega
« Reply #40 on: 28 Apr 2015, 04:30 pm »
I'm happy to notice that Luis is the first one who succeed in building truly reference Full Range driver after several months of research.
Several months of research?!!!  Where did you get that information?  Were you at Louis' side as he painstakingly developed his drivers?  In reality his drivers can take years to develop.  It took 10 years for him to get the RS5 to where it is today.

klamka

« Reply #41 on: 28 Apr 2015, 05:48 pm »
...These drivers  and All current Omega drivers went through many months of R&D and testing,- None off the shelf or copies of anybody's  speaker.
Unless you heard the most current Omega models ,then you have not heard Omega  speakers at all !!...

I'm not here to argue since I did not hear the newer offerings and have no idea how much they improve over the older ones.
From personal experience I would not exchange older Living Voice Avatar MKI which I own for older Omegas which I heard at the shows crossover warts and all that. My personal reference FR driver is an old JBL LE8 black cone without wizzer. I am very familiar with PHY and best Lowther drivers but if I would have to stick with FR I would still choose JBL LE8.
No doubt that Louis is making absolutely gorgeous , impeccably executed speakers for give away prices considering  nowadays market reality. Now , once He'll make an alnico 2- way even with small paper tweeter and get rid of wizzer cone I may look for summer second job to get one . It would have to be better though than higher Audio Note E  model or Tannoy 10" Red.
The reality of single driver speaker is that after initial love affair ,most people simply move on and that's my suggestion for Louis as well although being a king of a niche market has it's perks .
Best Regards, K

Louis O

« Reply #42 on: 28 Apr 2015, 06:36 pm »
Hi klamka,

Many thanks for your posts and kind words regarding my products. I guess we disagree as I'm committed to single driver and single driver based speaker systems. I have been at this for almost 15 years and spent considerable time and effort to improve my speakers along the way. I'm not prepared to ever move on.  Most of my customers are long term and they have moved on from traditional multi way speakers. I'm committed to them long term as well as all on the AC.

Thanks again,
Louis

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #43 on: 28 Apr 2015, 06:44 pm »
Thank you Louis for your long range effort, without your work we FR lovers would be listening Chinese or expensive Euro drivers.
We need more people like you.
Regards

Louis O

« Reply #44 on: 28 Apr 2015, 06:55 pm »
Thanks FullRangeMan appreciate it.

klamka

« Reply #45 on: 28 Apr 2015, 07:40 pm »
hello Louis
We all make choices and have to live with them. I will look forward to hear your speakers. Alnico and hemp cone is apparently a very good combination and it could posses a reference level of midrange performance not really achievable by any off the shelf traditional drivers or even  most exotic ones . I would have to live longer than Matusalem to save enough for Audio Note alnico /hemp model E . After all adding a woofer and a supertweeter option always exists  and I heard worse sounding solutions than a single cap in the signal chain. 
Warm Regards, K