35F

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
35F
« on: 10 Feb 2006, 06:23 pm »
See www.selahaudio.com for more information.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 1 Aug 2006, 03:46 am by Rick Craig »

JoshK

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2006, 06:31 pm »
Very cool!  Excellent choice of drivers. :thumb:

Hogg

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2006, 03:29 am »
Rick,
     Nice looking floorstanders :)   Have you thought of using the SEAS Nextel woofers similar to the metal cone SEAS woofers in any of your products?

Jim

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
New 3.5-way design
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2006, 05:44 am »
Quote from: Hogg
Rick,
     Nice looking floorstanders :)   Have you thought of using the SEAS Nextel woofers similar to the metal cone SEAS woofers in any of your products?

Jim

Yes, I've considered that. I have a customer looking at doing a custom design with the Nextel drivers in a 3-way.

Bingenito

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2006, 01:11 am »
More photos of the 3.5 way and center channel in Cherry with black baffles. Comments to follow shortly.

On another note: If someone has DVD player recommendations please PM me. I only care about the audio and will run digital to the XR55.

klh

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2006, 02:35 am »
They look nice... especially the close up of the CC with the grill on. I like the lines and subtle color difference between the baffle and grill. Very sharp. On the other hand... you definitely have to run those wires to the plasma in wall :).

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.reddragonaudio.com
New 3.5-way design
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2006, 12:31 am »
Rick,
Very nice 3.5way design Rick! 8)
Initial specs?

Bryan,
Your additional listening room is looking great!
What are your initial impressions of Rick's latest creations in that room?

Bingenito

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2006, 02:28 am »
Your additional listening room is looking great!
What are your initial impressions of Rick's latest creations in that room?

Ryan,

The 3.5 ways and center channel sound very good even when driven by a Panasonic XR55. It is still very early so I will not get into too much detail but I am impressed with the speakers from top to bottom. These cabinets are VERY nice.

I started out by running the XR55 with 2 channels which sounded good. Then I used the bi-amp function which tightened the bass and made the mids and treble smoother.

I listened to a few tracks and watched some movies while they break in and had a smile on my face the entire time. Then curiosity got the best of me and I brought them to my 2 channel room to hear what the speakers could really do. Needless to say I am extremely pleased and will report back with much more detail once I have had time to fully evaluate the speakers.

Actually I would prefer to have a few people over for a listen and let them comment.

NealH

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2006, 03:12 am »
Very nice looking speakers Rick.  Briefly, how do these sound in comparison to your excellent RC4's?   And, what is their rough price range?

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.reddragonaudio.com
New 3.5-way design
« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2006, 04:00 am »
Bryan,

Thanks for the quick feedback on Rick's new 3.5way.
After they are settled in a few weeks, it will be interesting to read your further evaluation (both in the modest system and main rig).
Rick has a keen ear when it comes to designing speakers.   :D

klh

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2006, 08:58 pm »
Bryan... now that it's been a month... what do you think?

Bingenito

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #11 on: 24 Mar 2006, 10:05 pm »
Wow I did not realize that 30 days had gone by   :D

The 35F's are now in my reference room where they really show what they can do. The cabinet construction is outstanding and finish is very nice. I like the real wood veneer with black satin baffle.

The bass is very shocking on these small floorstanders. It is fast and very deep with plenty of slam.

Treble has great dispersion and is never bright. This is one of the first domes that I really like. I have been using ribbons for years.

The dome mid works wonders on vocals. The warmth and body make the sound just flow. If you like smooth/ liquid midrange you will be very happy here.

If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Not to sound too much like a dealer but considering the performance and price which includes shipping and a 45 day in home trial period it is an opportunity that is hard to pass up if you are in the market for a medium sized floorstander

I am honestly in no rush to get my new reference speakers  :D

klh

New 3.5-way design
« Reply #12 on: 24 Mar 2006, 10:18 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. That center channel looks huge!