Another C&C option

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Another C&C option
« on: 4 Nov 2017, 12:50 pm »
Thanks to fredgarvin for this heads up:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1117/AirPulse_Model_1_Active_Speaker_Review.htm

This is a $995 pair of active speakers that include DAC, wireless receiver, remote, and connecting speaker cable.  Designed by Phil Jones they use his home grown 5.5 inch mid/woofer and a 3 inch ribbon tweeter to produce high end sound.  Inputs include RCA and XLR analog along with coax and optical digital.  Just add your computer with optical output to fit into the C&C guidelines or turntable/phono preamp to complete the system.

cliffy

Re: Another C&C option
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2017, 02:30 pm »
 :o :o :o
Wow!  Good find.  Glad to see the "male prostitute" is still providing good customer service :)

Thanks.

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2017, 02:42 pm »
He still rogers them roundly

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2017, 02:57 pm »
Wow, it looks like a good all in one system.  However, it needs a subwoofer out and a USB in.  I would rather have these than XLR inputs.

JLM

« Reply #4 on: 6 Nov 2017, 01:07 pm »
Wow, it looks like a good all in one system.  However, it needs a subwoofer out and a USB in.  I would rather have these than XLR inputs.

+1

The KEF XA300 suffers from the same lack of subwoofer output, but a sub can be fed from the preamp.  Unfortunately not all designers are comfortable around USB, or simply don't believe it offers the best sound.

fredgarvin

« Reply #5 on: 6 Nov 2017, 03:38 pm »
+1

The KEF XA300 suffers from the same lack of subwoofer output, but a sub can be fed from the preamp.  Unfortunately not all designers are comfortable around USB, or simply don't believe it offers the best sound.
I think you are right about the industry thoughts on USB, even among computerphile brands USB 'de-crapifiers' are becoming popular due to those noise issues.

wagnju

« Reply #6 on: 6 Nov 2017, 03:57 pm »
this lacks the USB but has Sub out , Bluetooth and HDMI .
Unfortunately , you can get it in Europe only .
Sorry , but website is in german only  :oops: :oops:
https://www.teufel.de/stereo/ultima-40-aktiv-p16060.html
(€800/pair)

wagnju

« Reply #7 on: 6 Nov 2017, 04:18 pm »
or something like this  , seems to have the required in/out !! but doesn't fit for C&C  :duh:
http://www.heco-audio.de/en/loudspeakers/by-series/ascada-2.0-&-600-tower/ascada-2.0
(€600/box)
http://www.heco-audio.de/en/loudspeakers/by-series/ascada-2.0-&-600-tower/ascada-600-tower
(€2000/box)
best regards
Juergen

fredgarvin

« Reply #8 on: 6 Nov 2017, 06:04 pm »
this lacks the USB but has Sub out , Bluetooth and HDMI .
Unfortunately , you can get it in Europe only .
Sorry , but website is in german only  :oops: :oops:
https://www.teufel.de/stereo/ultima-40-aktiv-p16060.html
(€800/pair)

Very interesting unit. Bass management and HDMI. Tone controls is something you don't see often om these products. Plus, it's not a bookshelf monitor. I like that puck controller. Is that a gain control on the Aux input?

wagnju

« Reply #9 on: 6 Nov 2017, 09:39 pm »
there is a sensitivity controller on aux in to start out of standby either at low or higher levels  .
hope that helps
Juergen

fredgarvin

« Reply #10 on: 7 Nov 2017, 04:31 pm »
there is a sensitivity controller on aux in to start out of standby either at low or higher levels  .
hope that helps
Juergen

I was wondering what a 'sensitivity controller' might be. Thanks.

wagnju

« Reply #11 on: 9 Nov 2017, 12:36 pm »
a sensitivity controller adjusts at which level (coming from your source) the speakers awake or start from standby . :wink:

tubesguy2

« Reply #12 on: 9 Nov 2017, 02:20 pm »

Might want to look at the Vanatoo Transparent Zero. All of that, and available for low to mid $300 range for the complete system.

fredgarvin

« Reply #13 on: 9 Nov 2017, 04:04 pm »
a sensitivity controller adjusts at which level (coming from your source) the speakers awake or start from standby . :wink:

Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed that.

JLM

« Reply #14 on: 9 Nov 2017, 04:15 pm »
Might want to look at the Vanatoo Transparent Zero. All of that, and available for low to mid $300 range for the complete system.

I've heard their first offering: the Transparent One that is larger, rectangular, and cost $500/pair with similar features and liked them.