Show Us Your Core-NCore!

Julf

• Grumpy second cousin of Mark V Shaney
Re: Show Us Your Core-NCore!
« Reply #500 on: 3 Apr 2015, 04:11 pm »
Do you mean try with just signal pins connected?  If so I could but it's a bit of a faff.

Yes -  a bit of a hassle.

dan1502

« Reply #501 on: 3 Apr 2015, 04:36 pm »
I don't want to speak to soon but I think the Paul Pang card may have come out of the PCI socket a bit.  I've just tried it after pushing it back in fully and it seems to be fine though I also changed the USB cable for a longer one as I had to use a longer one in order to try it with the top off slid out of the rack.

Julf

« Reply #502 on: 3 Apr 2015, 04:41 pm »
I don't want to speak to soon but I think the Paul Pang card may have come out of the PCI socket a bit.  I've just tried it after pushing it back in fully and it seems to be fine though I also changed the USB cable for a longer one as I had to use a longer one in order to try it with the top off slid out of the rack.

The length of the USB cable is unlikely to have any effect, but a loose PCI connection definitely would!

dan1502

« Reply #503 on: 3 Apr 2015, 05:15 pm »
Yes, it seems that was it.  Sorry I wasn't meaning the length so much as the cable.  I never believed cables could make a difference (and I don't mean cheap vs expensive) until I connected a Joggler up to a DAC with a brand new cable and it wouldn't work properly.  Changing the cable sorted it.  In fact I think it is the cable that didn't work with that system that I am now using in this one.

Julf

« Reply #504 on: 3 Apr 2015, 05:50 pm »
Yes, it seems that was it.  Sorry I wasn't meaning the length so much as the cable.  I never believed cables could make a difference (and I don't mean cheap vs expensive) until I connected a Joggler up to a DAC with a brand new cable and it wouldn't work properly.  Changing the cable sorted it.  In fact I think it is the cable that didn't work with that system that I am now using in this one.

USB cables do make a difference when they don't work :)

dan1502

« Reply #505 on: 3 Apr 2015, 06:04 pm »
Yes but this one works but just not in that system.  Most odd.

Julf

« Reply #506 on: 3 Apr 2015, 06:11 pm »
Yes but this one works but just not in that system.  Most odd.

Depends on the interface chips on both ends - but still, in any specific system, it either works or it doesn't - no subtle degradations.

dan1502

« Reply #507 on: 3 Apr 2015, 07:30 pm »
Some fully built pictures.  To say I'm happy is an understatement.

« Last Edit: 3 Apr 2015, 08:52 pm by dan1502 »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #508 on: 3 Apr 2015, 11:17 pm »
Bravo! :notworthy: :mrgreen:  :thumb:

Best,
Anand.