mass effect 3

Rclark

mass effect 3
« on: 17 Feb 2012, 08:03 pm »
The demo is out and I gotta say..  Wow! You can just tell they took it, tried to make it play better, and actually succeeded, not only that but by the demo you can see can the production as far as acting and dialogue are better, the combat slicker and the graphics bumped up a bit.

Probably game of the year when it comes out in a few weeks.

jermmd

Re: mass effect 3
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm »
I tried to download it but it requires a master id. How do I get the ID?

Oops. I guess you just make one up. Downloading now.

Joe M.

Rclark

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2012, 10:26 pm »
You must be on PC, I am ps3 let me know how you like it  :)

jermmd

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2012, 10:42 pm »
Yeah, PC. By the way, Amazon has Mass effect 1 and 2 for $5 each today.
EA is using Origin rather than Steam. Is it the same?

Joe M.

Rclark

« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm »
The engine? Not sure, but it looks and plays great. I played Two on PS3 and loved it.

jermmd

« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2012, 11:20 pm »
Finished playing demo. Looks like it might be great. We'll see..
Other opinions.

Rclark

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2012, 11:28 pm »
 I think that was the best demo of any game ever... kinda had the epic feel of one of the old Star Trek movies, where all hell is breaking loose, the fleet is under attack, and what do YOU do? Love this sort of RPG.  If the full game plays like that it will be even better than 2, which was an amazing sci-fi experience, an incredible game.

I personally think it will be rated a perfect 10 if the full game is of that level, or a very high 9.

(I see the opinions there are the graphics nitpickers. Ah, I'm so glad I left PC gaming behind a while ago  :), it isn't about the experience with those guys, it's about I saw a jagged edge there, a slightly washed texture here, OMG!)

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2012, 10:16 pm »
Heard the multiplayer is also available on the demo. Can you guys confirm this? how many maps are available?

minotaur

« Reply #8 on: 22 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm »
On the xbox 360 demo, I can confirm multiplayer is included. I've played on 2 maps so far.

Berndt

« Reply #9 on: 22 Feb 2012, 11:27 pm »
Just a few weeks now... Been playing through one and two in anticipation...

ratso

« Reply #10 on: 23 Feb 2012, 12:35 am »
pre-ordered  :thumb:

Rclark

« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2012, 12:45 am »
I need to do that. Extra story content  :thumb:

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #12 on: 25 Feb 2012, 06:12 pm »
Doing witcher 2 right now. Have skyrim on my list next and mass effect 3 after that as long as diablo 3 does not come out then that jumps to the front of the list :lol:   :lol

Rclark

« Reply #13 on: 25 Feb 2012, 07:05 pm »
Instead of skyrim you should consider kingdoms of amalur. Big huge RPG but with god of war inspired combat.

Woodsea

« Reply #14 on: 27 Feb 2012, 02:25 pm »
Played the multi player  demo, so I ordered the collectors edition.  nowI need to finish Me2.  A friend has finished Skyrim and concedes that Amalur is better.  I liked the demo, but did nor buy it.  Loved Skyrim though

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #15 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:09 am »
Instead of skyrim you should consider kingdoms of amalur. Big huge RPG but with god of war inspired combat.

I must say that i prefer skyrim to kingdoms. There are lots of places to discover on the map..multiple quests, graphics are awesome too.

Rclark

« Reply #16 on: 29 Feb 2012, 12:21 am »
The combat is the selling point for me. Is not Amalur just as large? I have neither.

Rclark

« Reply #17 on: 11 Mar 2012, 10:45 pm »
Well, walking home past all the budding trees across the valley with my ME3 copy. Wanted Batman Arkham city but there were no used copies. Traded Mass Effect 2, Crysis 2, and another game.

Getting rave reviews, looking forward to being blown away tonight after 5 hours of study first.

Two big IPA's n the fridge and Mass Effect tonight. Shutting off my phone. Heh.

Rclark

« Reply #18 on: 12 Mar 2012, 03:56 am »

Yes I studied diligently...

Anyway, Hop Czar is a delicious beer and I just paid $10 for the DLC, something I've never done before, but Mass Effect 2 was such an incredible experience that I don't mind buying extra's for something so awesome as I'm sure 3 will be.

This will be the first time I let my modded maggies loose on a game.

If any of you guys wanna play coop or multiplayer hit me up. My PSN is grimlock442.

Rclark

« Reply #19 on: 12 Mar 2012, 04:44 am »
....and finished dl'ing the DLC.

Shutting off my phone.... and off into rpg land. mmmbye.