$175 Class D amp--120 wpc

siava1018

Re: $175 Class D amp--120 wpc
« Reply #3700 on: 26 Mar 2017, 08:55 pm »
Hey just wanted to put this here.  Im selling my CDA-254 with 12vdc/battery power supply on the marketplace if anyone is interested.

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #3701 on: 28 Mar 2017, 01:10 pm »
"...
This amp does not use the ICE chip or the hypex BTW. Tripath is not a Class D amp it is Class T.
steve

Just nitpicking, steve ... don't take it personally ;-)

Posted for clarity in case someone searches this thread for information:

Tripath is a Class D topology; they do use a unconventional driver circuit but they use a Class D output stage (which is what amplifier class designations refer to).

"Class T" is a marketing term, a registered trademark of Tripath, Inc (and owned now by whomever ended up with their IP after bankruptcy), so any reference to it should be:
Class T®.

There is no actual Class T as recognized by bodies like the Audio Engineering Society (AES).

.Marcus.

« Reply #3702 on: 11 Apr 2017, 08:32 pm »
Hi guys, recently doing some experiments, and cut off some wires, but dunno how to put back, I would like to configure to use RCA single ended input only, but I'm not able to figure how to, here's the pic, it seem there is no jumper to set RCA or Balanced XLR? Hmm, it takes me sometimes but still cannot figure out how the RCA/Balanced XLR switch works, there are 4 wires initially from the switch, white yellow white yellow, the connections very complicated even I check back my pictures, do I need to install jumper ports on nearby the bridge port?

Can give me clear details how to use RCA input only? For max gain, I just need to desolder left and right gain jumper parts, then put a jumper right?

Please take a look on the picture. It shows RCA Input connected with Jumper in place for Full Gain.

SHC34

« Reply #3703 on: 18 Jul 2018, 09:21 pm »
1. Replace R/C Power supply of input stage by external low noise power supply !

=> That's right ?

2. Replace couple capacitor between Input Stage and IRS2092 by Audio Caps (Elna Silmic II)

=> What are capacitors numbers and the value and voltage of these ?

3. Replace Bootstrap Capacitor of THAT1200 by Audio Caps (Elna Silmic II)

=> What's the value and voltage of this ?

3. Upgrade all on-board supply capacitors by Low ESR Types with higher capacitor values (Panasonic FC /FR)

=> Ok

3. Replace all Resistors in Signal Path (4x 100 Ohm / 2x 3.3KOhm) by high graded resistors (Texas Components ASM2575)

=> 2x 3.3KOhm (R32 and R75) + 4x 100 Ohm (R78, R79, R80 and R81)
    => That's right ?

Bellow a picture of my latest setup with external Power Supply, additional Transformer and motorized ALPS Pot as Volume Control :
I highly recommend an external Power Supply, it's not that much difficult to implement. I could never live without again  :)

=> Could you explain to me how this one is built ?
    => What's the difference between original power supply with news low ESR capacitors and your power supply ?