FS: Temple Audio Monoblocks (2017 Version) SOLD

StevenZ

FS: Temple Audio Monoblocks (2017 Version) SOLD
« on: 19 Apr 2017, 06:53 pm »
These are the latest Temple Audio Monoblocks just released this year and are in excellent condition with zero blemishes I can see.  I've had their previous monoblocks and I can say without doubt that these are far superior.  Not only that but Temple has bumped up the power output of these latest monoblocks to a 70W which is nuts considering their size is about the physical footprint is that of a CD jewel case.  If I were to compare these to any of my previous amplifiers I'd say they most sound like my Benchmark AHB2.  Wonderfully transparent with a "you are there" presence.  I used these with my Luminous Audio Axiom II preamplifier and reaped the benefits of "straight wire with gain" sound.  They respond well to both passive and active preamps.  I'm asking $500 shipped CONUS, PayPal only. Not pictured are their external power supplies which are included. For more information please see http://templeaudio.net/monoblock.html

« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2017, 05:37 pm by StevenZ »

gnostalgick

Re: FS: Temple Audio Monoblocks (2017 Version)
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2017, 12:48 pm »
Hi, I hope you don't mind a few questions.  What speakers have you tried them on?  Any comparison to any other class d designs?  Does such a tiny case get hot?

StevenZ

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2017, 01:59 pm »
I don't mind at all.  I've heard various Tripath, TDA7498E, TPA3116(D2), TBI MILLENIA (TPA3110), Class D Audio SDS (multiple modules), ICEPower 125ASX2 from Ghent Audio, Pascal from D-Sonic, Temple Audio original monoblocks and a few others I can't remember at the moment.  I would rate these current Temple monos at the top of the heap.  They don't have the crazy power output of the Pascal modules from D-Sonic, but for most everyone's applications the 70W output of these is sufficient.  Not only that, I believe that of all those that I listed these are the most balanced sounding and possibly have the lowest noise floor.  They're about as neutral as you could want from an amplifier and give you exactly what you put into them.  So far they're my favorites and I wouldn't be selling them if I didn't absolutely need to.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  I'd be happy to answer or elaborate on my above reply.

Cheers,
Steven
Edit: No, the cases do not get hot.  The "warmest" they've ever gotten is a hair above room temp.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2017, 02:00 pm »
And yet another question.

Is that a power switch on the front? I've some Class D monos with no power switch. I don't like that!  :nono:

Gene

StevenZ

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2017, 02:13 pm »
Yes, the tiny silver button is a power switch.

StevenZ

« Reply #5 on: 20 Apr 2017, 05:37 pm »
Sold