AV receiver

Charles Calkins

AV receiver
« on: 25 Dec 2019, 01:27 am »

Hi Guys:
            I'm in the market for a new Av receiver to replace my 14 year old Onkyo receiver.
            The ones I've been looking at have a whole bunch of whistles and bells That I don't want or need.
            I just want something plain and simple. Very hard to find. I'm kind of running out of options.
            Might have to bite the bullet and buy one with all the whistles and bells. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

Cheers
                                                          Charlie

Woodsea

Re: AV receiver
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2019, 01:33 am »
I love my Sony STR-DN1080.   :popcorn:
Yes, it has bells and whistles, but it does proper stereo!

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2019, 01:51 am »
How many channels and what price point are you looking for? Even the lowest AVR models will likely be more bells and whistles than you want.

Simple equals two channel receiver but that may be a few less channels than you desire.

RDavidson

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2019, 02:43 am »
Get an Anthem. They are high quality and have the important stuff, including REALLY good room correction. They don't have the ridiculous bloat of options that most receivers have these days either.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2019, 03:08 am »
How many channels and what price point are you looking for? Even the lowest AVR models will likely be more bells and whistles than you want.

Simple equals two channel receiver but that may be a few less channels than you desire.

7.2 channels are what I want

Charles Calkins

« Reply #5 on: 25 Dec 2019, 03:10 am »
Get an Anthem. They are high quality and have the important stuff, including REALLY good room correction. They don't have the ridiculous bloat of options that most receivers have these days either.
     Never heard of Anthem. I'll take a look at them.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #6 on: 25 Dec 2019, 03:14 am »
I love my Sony STR-DN1080.   :popcorn:
Yes, it has bells and whistles, but it does proper stereo!

I'm looking at that one and others.

witchdoctor

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jan 2020, 09:51 pm »
I am thrilled with my Onkyo RZ630. It has 9 channels so you can use 7 now and then use the surplus 2 later or to power speakers in another zone or even to bi amp your front L R channels.

https://www.onkyousa.com/product/tx-rz630/

Don_S

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jan 2020, 11:45 pm »
I bought a Marantz because it was one of the few I could find with stereo RCA analog out so I could connect it to my 2-channel system. I do not run multiple channels. I only use the receiver to input multiple HDMI inputs (TV and DVRs).

I will never purchase any other receiver associated with Onkyo Corp. because my Integra HDMI board failed. It was a known problem and Onkyo/Integra did not take care of their customers.

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 5 Jan 2020, 12:55 am »
Don't forget accessories4less.com

Saturn94

« Reply #10 on: 5 Jan 2020, 01:00 am »

Another vote for Anthem.  :thumb: