New DMC•1 Digital Music Console (music player)

CIAudio

Re: New DMC•1 Digital Music Console (music player)
« Reply #40 on: 27 May 2020, 12:06 pm »
I’m not familiar with the Bluesound architecture, but many devices share the USB buss with ethernet or wifi which degrades speed and performance significantly.

DMC has very snappy performance and scans local music drives quickly.

Craig B

« Reply #41 on: 28 May 2020, 12:10 pm »
Thanks. I hooked a HD to my Node 2i. It works, but not as well as I'd like.

I have a Node 2i and since it won't access my iTunes library over my network (because it's on an external drive and not the iMac's own local drive), I've been thinking of copying some or all of it to a second external drive that I would plug directly into the Node via USB. I'd be very interested in hearing about the issues you've had with your setup.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #42 on: 28 May 2020, 03:36 pm »
I have a Node 2i and since it won't access my iTunes library over my network (because it's on an external drive and not the iMac's own local drive), I've been thinking of copying some or all of it to a second external drive that I would plug directly into the Node via USB. I'd be very interested in hearing about the issues you've had with your setup.

Sent you a pm.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #43 on: 28 May 2020, 03:40 pm »
I’m not familiar with the Bluesound architecture, but many devices share the USB buss with ethernet or wifi which degrades speed and performance significantly.

DMC has very snappy performance and scans local music drives quickly.

It took 10-15 minutes for the node 2i to "scan" my HD with a little over 1tb of files.

CIAudio

« Reply #44 on: 28 May 2020, 03:42 pm »
It took 10-15 minutes for the node 2i to "scan" my HD with a little over 1tb of files.

Should take less than 1/2 that time for DMC-1

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #45 on: 29 May 2020, 01:21 am »
Amazon HD compatible? That's what I'm streaming now.

CIAudio

« Reply #46 on: 29 May 2020, 01:31 am »
No Amazon HD as they choose who can add compatibility to their product.
We contacted them on several occasions and they simply don’t care about high performance audio products, so I don’t know why they offer “Ultra HD” if they aren’t willing to work with manufacturers.
It appears that Amazon compatibility will only be available on their own Echo products and other mass market junk.

Then they had the nerve to contact us and ask us to become an Amazon Retail Partner.  :duh:
« Last Edit: 29 May 2020, 01:25 pm by CIAudio »

CIAudio

« Reply #47 on: 2 Jun 2020, 03:51 pm »
DMC•1 will start shipping very soon but in limited supply as our first production run is somewhat small as we perfect our procedures.
Our introductory price is $1595 (normally $1995)
Before we put them on our website, we are offering AudioCircle members an additional $100 off.
We will have limited supply as there is already a lengthy waiting list.
If you would like to get in on this deal, give us a call to reserve one for you.

CIAudio (805) 984-8282

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #48 on: 4 Jun 2020, 07:28 pm »
Careful, folks!

After just a dozen minutes on the phone with Dusty, I found myself committing to purchase one of his new DMC-1 units. He knows this component inside out and he did an excellent job describing its capabilities.

Thanks, Dusty.  :thumb:

Michael
 :popcorn: :popcorn:

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #49 on: 13 Jun 2020, 10:07 am »
Ordered for one completely 'in the blind' but I know Dustin, if he tells me he mede something special it will be special.
It is on the road now so I feel exited to have it here in Holland soon.
Keep you posted.

Best, Cor

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #50 on: 30 Jun 2020, 03:05 am »
My DMC-1 arrived today. The box is in excellent condition. I've opened the shipping box, but haven't had time to unbox it yet. I'll try to pull it out and snap a photo before I hit the sack tonight. Playing with it may have to wait a couple days if I can find time tomorrow.

Michael

[July 10th Edit: Sorry to drop the ball. I became extremely busy immediately after I posted the above reply. I only just today took it out of its box. Now, I must scramble up a pair of RCA cables because I loaned my extra two pairs to a friend last week.  :duh:]

« Last Edit: 10 Jul 2020, 07:00 pm by mresseguie »

Clio09

« Reply #51 on: 1 Jul 2020, 05:18 pm »
I received my DCM-1 last Friday. After removing it from the double box packaging I was surprised but pleased how compact it is. Build quality is very good. One thing to note is that the power switch is right next to the IEC inlet. I make my own power cords with aftermarket plugs and when plugging it in the barrel of the plug hid the switch. I had to call Dusty to get that one figured out. Set up was a bit troublesome, mainly due to user error, but the documentation needs to be updated as well. All in all support from Dusty was great and the DCM-1 located my medial player (Minim Server) that sits on my NAS and my files were available to me within a reasonable amount of time.

I have been a longtime Auralic Aries LE user and have watched their UI evolve over that time. Early on it was okay but very quirky and buggy. Today it is quite a bit better. The DCM-1 UI is kind of at the stage that Auralic was at when they first started out,m perhaps a tad ahead. It's adequate but not necessarily pretty. The important thing to note is that it works and Dusty will improve it over time. As early adopters we shouldn't expect anything more at this point.

I use a multi-bit DAC with my Aries, a DAC I have been using since 2007. Unfortunately this DAC does not have a USB input so the DCM-1 as an all in one solution was a leap of faith for me. I have always been leery about single bit Delta/Sigma DAC chips. Yeah I know it's in the implementation but I never heard a Sabre DAC that I liked and the AKM chips are kind of new to me. One thing that sold me though was that on the DCM-1 I have control over whether I want to use native sample and bit rates or to up/over sample. I choose to stay with the native bit rate. The filters are interesting as well and after a little experimentation I have settled on the slow roll off for now. I will keep playing around with this though.

Overall I have been very pleased with the results. I can't say 100% that I like the DAC of the DCM-1 better than my multi-bit DAC, but given the price point and the early adopter special this is the best I could have hoped for. I have been looking for a new streamer solution for quite some time but could never pull the trigger on anything. To be able to get a streamer/DAC combo that punches above it's price point is quite an accomplishment from my perspective.

Nordkapp

« Reply #52 on: 1 Jul 2020, 08:03 pm »
Dusty-Wow, wow & wow! Off to a really good start here.

Nordkapp

« Reply #53 on: 1 Jul 2020, 08:45 pm »
Hey Dusty, do you reccomend leaving the DMC-1 powered on at all times?

CIAudio

« Reply #54 on: 1 Jul 2020, 08:52 pm »
Hey Dusty, do you recommend leaving the DMC-1 powered on at all times?

Yes, it should be left on all the time.
Once you've got set up, I suggest saving the page to your home screen or desktop.
This way you just close the window when done listening, and click an icon to open it back up.

Nordkapp

« Reply #55 on: 1 Jul 2020, 09:02 pm »
Great. Yes, already saved it to home screen.

« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2020, 01:19 am by Nordkapp »

CIAudio

« Reply #56 on: 1 Jul 2020, 09:05 pm »
Sweet!

Great. Yes, already saved it to home screen.

Nordkapp

« Reply #57 on: 1 Jul 2020, 09:13 pm »

Nordkapp

« Reply #58 on: 1 Jul 2020, 09:14 pm »
Sweet!
Haha. Thought you'd like that one.

Nordkapp

« Reply #59 on: 2 Jul 2020, 06:22 pm »
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2020, 01:20 am by Nordkapp »