Zu Audio to unveil new floorstanding speaker under $2000

schw06

I have just heard from Ron Williams of Zu that they plan to unveil a new floorstanding speaker at the Zu party in Atlanta on November 14th. According to Ron, it has everything you've come to expect from Zu...high efficiency...high quality...and high value! An official release has not been published on the website but you can be the first to hear it in Atlanta. Keep checking the www.Zuaudio.com for upcoming details!
David

ton1313

Re: Zu Audio to unveil new floorstanding speaker under $2000
« Reply #1 on: 6 Nov 2009, 01:50 am »
The Zu house tour continues in PA at my house on Nov. 21st. Check their website for details and RSVP info.

The Essence will be on a 2 ch. tube set up, along with a full Zu HT with the Definitons as the mains.  :thumb: The single drivers are supposed to be here as well.  :thumb:

Audiophiliac

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2009, 06:43 am »
What's the latest on this new Zu? :)

schw06

« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2009, 12:14 pm »
I was able to hear the prototype at our Zu party in November. They are diminutive in size and have the shape more like a Vandersteen Quattro, are extremely dynamic and punchy, and quite honestly have the highest WAF and are a killer product for the money. I am biased but, to me, they hit another home run. Their price to performance ratio is off the charts with all their speakers and this is no exception!
David

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2009, 12:26 pm »
No picture?

mbakes

« Reply #5 on: 9 Dec 2009, 02:10 pm »
I just hosted a Zu party and unfortunately, Ron was not able to bring these speakers, which I believe are called the Soul.  I did hear the Essence and was pretty impressed.  Enough that I may pick up a pair. 

mca

« Reply #6 on: 9 Dec 2009, 05:26 pm »
Any other thoughts on the new Essence speaker?

ton1313

kip_

« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2009, 03:21 am »
I don't see a speaker under $2000 in that link, only one under $3500??

ton1313

« Reply #9 on: 16 Dec 2009, 03:28 am »
The Soul that is mentioned is the red speaker. This is the one that is being targeted for that price point.

schw06

« Reply #10 on: 17 Dec 2009, 07:53 pm »
For those looking for some updates on Zu's latest speaker creation, I have an update. According to Sean they are working on some of the final details including the voice coil but have plans to have it ready for delivery by the end of the first quarter of 2010. There is still some debate about the name of the speaker but, as of now, they are calling it the Soul.
   Even more interesting to me is the fact that the Zu guys are working on the electronic side of the fence for a preamp, amp, monoblocks, and an integrated amp to match their speakers. I was fortunate enough to hear the early version of amps and preamp in November and I will be first in line to purchase.

ton1313

« Reply #11 on: 18 Dec 2009, 02:32 am »
Those Zu proto-type mono blocks sounded amazing. Especially for only being 5 watts! That was my first exposure to amps with that little power, and I was quite impressed.

Audiophiliac

« Reply #12 on: 18 Dec 2009, 03:30 am »
Wow....Sean, Adam, and gang coming with some electronics, eh? Verrry interesting.....