Amadeus motor speed issue

VinceT

Amadeus motor speed issue
« on: 11 Apr 2021, 04:05 pm »
I was playing my table the other day and all of a sudden the speed dropped really low. I put on a fresh belt and fiddled with the speed control, the table will not go over 28 Rpm according to the unofficial cell phone guage. At the highest setting it still is way to slow. Has anyone else experienced this? My initial feeling is power supply or motor. I have an email into Mike Pranka, in the meantime hoping to get some feedback of other users if you had the same issue.

Thank you

mick wolfe

Re: Amadeus motor speed issue
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2021, 04:26 pm »
FWIW, I've only used the supplied strobe disk for speed adjustment. I would certainly see if the disk indicates an inability to properly adjust the speed as well. IOW, get a second opinion. Never had a speed issue here and everything sounds spot on when using the strobe disk for adjustment. Other than that, wait and see what Mike says. :scratch:

VinceT

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2021, 05:05 pm »
Def a speed issue

I know the cell phone is not 100% accurate but I feel I can get it 99% as a guide. That being said I can measure and can tell the highest possible speed of the table per the guage. At that speed it is obviously too slow, not by a little. 

sebrof

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2021, 06:52 pm »
If it were me I would try another belt just to be sure. They are...finicky.

Did you tie the new belt yourself?

VinceT

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2021, 07:51 pm »
If it were me I would try another belt just to be sure. They are...finicky.

Did you tie the new belt yourself?

I tried a couple different belts and ones that I made. I even went as far as using a belt 1/16 inch tighter than spec. Speed measurements I am getting are very consistent no matter what belt I use.

mick wolfe

« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2021, 04:30 pm »
Have you refreshed/replaced the oil in the bearing well recently? I know that's a long shot, but had to ask. If so, it sounds like you're back to a power supply or motor issue.  If you're using an aftermarker PS or wall wart, make sure it specs at 12V. I guess if all that checks out, looks like a motor replacement is the only solution left.

VinceT

« Reply #6 on: 13 Apr 2021, 11:15 pm »
Mike Pranka was very prompt and responded right away. He stated it is more than likely a worn out motor and he is expecting replacement motors to be shipped in within the next 4-6 weeks due to covid related delays.

I also asked how much the repairs would cost, he stated he would replace it for no charge. I fully anticipated to pay for it. Can't say enough good things about Well Tempered Labs and Mike Pranka. Companies just don't stand behind their products like this anymore. I was bummed out about the failure, but the service I am getting more than makes up for it. They will definitely be seeing more of my business!

:thumb: