The NFL Season 2018-2019

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: The NFL Season 2018-2019
« Reply #81 on: 29 Oct 2018, 12:45 am »
Packers/Rams was a good one today.
It sure looked like the Rams were going to lose at the very end but nope, still undefeated.

In other news, New York has decided to force their teams to move to another state. 
The lucky recipients are expected to be announced by week's end.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #82 on: 29 Oct 2018, 12:23 pm »
I thought two of them already had.  Cannot understand two teams who have played home games exclusively in New Jersey for decades are still called New York teams.  (Just kidding, I don't really care, forgive me for taking such an easy jab)

twitch54

« Reply #83 on: 29 Oct 2018, 01:22 pm »
I thought two of them already had.  Cannot understand two teams who have played home games exclusively in New Jersey for decades are still called New York teams.  (Just kidding, I don't really care, forgive me for taking such an easy jab)

LOL, how true ! and the ONLY NFL team to actually play it's home games in New York State (Bflo) is just as pathetic ..............

randytsuch

« Reply #84 on: 29 Oct 2018, 03:12 pm »
Was really worried about the Rams, luckily that Packer decided to try to run back the kickoff and handed the game to the Rams.

I wonder how many people cheered and how many groaned when Gurly sat down instead of scoring a touchdown at the end of the game?
I think that cost Vegas and the books a ton of money.

Rams Saints obviously the game to watch next week.  But Rams will need to play better than they did.  Although if you saw the crowd, it Packers had a home game in LA, what's with that??

Randy

Yomaha

« Reply #85 on: 29 Oct 2018, 04:42 pm »
I lived in Los Angeles for a decade and I have a theory on seeing so many Packers fans at the Rams game.  Having lived there for so long, its not a surprise to me.  LA is such a melting pot with so many people (Around 14million in the metro), it's hard to find much homogeny due to the extreme diversification.   And a lot of those people move to LA from other states from all over the country to bask in the SoCal sun.   

I'm a saints/LSU fan, and we were able to find bars and groups of people that only watched Saints and LSU.  You could also find, Bears bars, Eagles bars, etc.  The Rams are still 'newish' to LA, plus they are competing for market share with the Los Angeles Chargers.  If the Rams weren't doing so good, it may have really looked like a Packers home game.  Rodgers is also immensely popular, and deservedly so. 

twitch54

« Reply #86 on: 29 Oct 2018, 06:50 pm »
I lived in Los Angeles for a decade and I have a theory on seeing so many Packers fans at the Rams game.  Having lived there for so long, its not a surprise to me.  LA is such a melting pot with so many people (Around 14million in the metro), it's hard to find much homogeny due to the extreme diversification.   And a lot of those people move to LA from other states from all over the country to bask in the SoCal sun.   

I'm a saints/LSU fan, and we were able to find bars and groups of people that only watched Saints and LSU.  You could also find, Bears bars, Eagles bars, etc.  The Rams are still 'newish' to LA, plus they are competing for market share with the Los Angeles Chargers.  If the Rams weren't doing so good, it may have really looked like a Packers home game.  Rodgers is also immensely popular, and deservedly so.

good explanation......... and to that History has shown professional football teams come-go-comeback, LA is a bit of a Merry-go-round !

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #87 on: 5 Nov 2018, 01:20 am »
Best game of the year that I've seen so far, Rams versus Saints.
Both teams were just really impressive and while I rooted for the Rams congratulations to the Saints, they played great.

stlrman

« Reply #88 on: 5 Nov 2018, 02:47 am »
Great victory for the Steelers today !
James Connor is tearing up the league !!! 165 yards from scrimmage.
Who was saying Big Ben is washed up a few weeks ago.

A record pace

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is on pace to set the NFL record for most passing yards in a season. Through eight games, Roethlisberger has thrown for 2,560 yards, a pace of 5,120. The NFL record for passing yards in a season is 5,084, set by Dan Marino in 1984.

In 2014, he threw for 2,380 in the first eight games and finished with 4,952 yards, his career best.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #89 on: 5 Nov 2018, 03:51 am »

twitch54

« Reply #90 on: 5 Nov 2018, 03:02 pm »
Great victory for the Steelers today !

agreed

Who was saying Big Ben is washed up a few weeks ago.

I'll square my shoulders, I did ...... and when I said it, at that time he looked it. But now the whole team is playing together, that's the key!

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is on pace to set the NFL record for most passing yards in a season. Through eight games, Roethlisberger has thrown for 2,560 yards, a pace of 5,120. The NFL record for passing yards in a season is 5,084, set by Dan Marino in 1984.

In 2014, he threw for 2,380 in the first eight games and finished with 4,952 yards, his career best.

impressive no doubt, lets see what the second half of the season brings, if it continues I'll acquire a taste for 'eating crow' !

randytsuch

« Reply #91 on: 5 Nov 2018, 04:05 pm »
Rams game was a roller coaster for me.
21 points down with the fake field goal that they missed first down by inches.

Come back to tie, get my hopes up.

Give up last 10 points to lose.

Randy

stlrman

« Reply #92 on: 9 Nov 2018, 11:42 am »
The Steelers put up 52 against Carolina!! This was a good , dangerous team coming in , with a top defensive unit .
Big Ben finished with 328 yards passing and five touchdowns. His passer rating was a perfect 158.3.

Grade: A+

He is far from washed up. His best game of the season. Only 3 missed passes I believe.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #93 on: 9 Nov 2018, 11:58 am »
 He had more touchdowns than incomplete passes!  I think that's the third time he's done that.  Brady, Brees, and Ben, all over the hill, yeah right.

randytsuch

« Reply #94 on: 9 Nov 2018, 03:42 pm »
Last weeks I've saw a graphic showing division leaders and their quarterbacks, some have "over the hill" qb's and some have the young studs.

And in the beginning of the year the Steelers didn't look very good, they have really turned it around.
I think they should send Bell a nice present for all the money he is saving them.

Interesting contrast.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #95 on: 11 Nov 2018, 10:04 pm »

twitch54

« Reply #96 on: 12 Nov 2018, 02:26 am »
Last weeks I've saw a graphic showing division leaders and their quarterbacks, some have "over the hill" qb's and some have the young studs.

And in the beginning of the year the Steelers didn't look very good, they have really turned it around.
I think they should send Bell a nice present for all the money he is saving them.

Interesting contrast.

agreed, now lets see what the second half produces ............

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #97 on: 19 Nov 2018, 12:38 am »
Last year the Iggles were just incredibly impressive and this looks to be the year of the Aints.
They've got everything going at the moment.

Before they get too cocky they should take a look in the rear view mirror as my Giants have just won two (as in two) in a row.
They're picking up momentum.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #98 on: 19 Nov 2018, 12:48 am »
Rear view mirror, indeed.  :wink:   The Saints have just won 9 in a row.

twitch54

« Reply #99 on: 19 Nov 2018, 01:12 am »
Last year the Iggles were just incredibly impressive and this looks to be the year of the Aints.
They've got everything going at the moment.

Before they get too cocky they should take a look in the rear view mirror as my Giants have just won two (as in two) in a row.
They're picking up momentum.

'your' Giants, are you an owner ?  Sorry Steve, just bustin your stones a wee bit !

so, how bout dem Iggles !! in all fairness they have been decimated by injuries but I wonder if certain coaching vacancies haven't hurt  ?? .......