FryCorder thoughts & impressions

gooberdude

FryCorder thoughts & impressions
« on: 23 Jan 2011, 08:17 pm »
The FryCorder is so cool.  Hard to express my thoughts in an organized manner, so i'll just say that everyone needs to try this.

I have owned the FryBaby for 3 yrs.  The FryCorder takes ac power cords to warp speed in comparison. The backgrounds are blacker, expanded soundstage, clean, clear, deep & liquid.  My ac cords are CVenhaus Flavor recipe with Oyaide P-079 plugs & SWO-XXX outlets, shielded & non.   

Its amazing that the FryCorder burns in house wiring, such genious. I have an AudioPrism Noisesniffer, and it came in handy.  Prior to using the FryCorder I had 4 AudioPrism Quietlines installed, 1 on each circuit in my condo. After removing them i plugged the NoiseSniffer into each outlet for a listen...it was not pretty. My place has 4 GFI outlets that growl something fierce, and the regular outlet my fridge is plugged into is noisy too.  Only 1 circuit in my home was noisefree on all outlets in the circuit - a good thing its my stereo circuit  :lol:

The outlets that my alarm clock & computer plug into are the noisiest by far, when those appliances are plugged in & on. This noise has not changed during 7 days of solid burn, except the tone is more high pitched now.

The GFI outlets have my jaw on the floor though. The only noise evident now through the noisesniffer is when the sensitivity is turned all the way up, to 11. Installing a Quietlines on the GFI outlets doesn't remove this grunge. Before the burn, the GFI outlets would howl at 2-4 and continue to make awful jet engine noises all the way to 11. I was not expecting a result like this.    :o

My TV (Dish Network HD+720p plasma) now looks better in terms of color, contrast & sharpness, and many commercials now seem to have 3-D attributes of depth & 'coming at you'. Previously, i used the Frybaby on all parts of the satellite dish system - same fantastic result.

JH's claim that the signal travels throughout the home is true. The distinct noise it makes could be heard in any outlet via the noisesniffer, though at difft sensitivity levels depending on the circuit.

Does anyone know if more than 1 ac cord can be burned in at a time??  If the answer is no, it would be my only gripe.

One note to users:  I recomend testing any ac line filters prior to using the FryCorder.  With all 4 Quietlines installed I could not detect the 'Corder through the 'Sniffer.

Matt

gurevise

Re: FryCorder thoughts & impressions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jan 2011, 12:45 am »
I do not see how FryCorder would reduce noise level in power lines/cables.

All it does is injects burn-in signals into the power cords / lines.
I can see that it could help with materials / contacts / connectors burn-in (some components / material's magnetic / electrical settling ). It would speed it up, I guess.

I'm at the loss on why noise / electrical pollutions level would be reduced.
I'd love to hear why this is.

Sergy

gooberdude

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2011, 04:40 am »
I'm not suggesting the FryCorder removed any RFI induced line noise....gotta make that clear.  I can only state that my NoiseSniffer doesn't make much noise after the burn. The only noise it detects (on formerly noisey gfi outlets) is with the sensitivity cranked all the way up. Quietlines filters don't remove this grunge. 

If I leave the noisesniffer on & just listen to/through the gfi outlets the normal pops & clicks still occur, like when the fridge compressor cycles on & hvac, etc.  If i plug the sniffer into the outlet with my alarm clock, it still howls. Same with my computer. The general, constant, snarling cries that came out of the gfi outlets (before the burn) have disappeared though. Both in my kitchen & bathroom.

This is an effect that i wasn't expecting, and w/o the 'sniffer would not have been able to detect.

I'm moving in a month or so & will try this again.

poty

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2011, 09:07 am »
The whole idea of the Fry-things is mostly esoterical, so I doubt that it can be measured technically in any way.
The only thing I can think of is bad contact somewhere which is "cooked" by the FryCorder. And this wild idea is way out of my understanding.
I think it is better to get a good electrician to check the wiring and contacts - it helps much more than everything else.

gooberdude

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2011, 12:25 am »
you are 100% correct.  When i tested all the outlets initially & figured out the gfi's were an issue, the note i jotted down was 'tighten down kitchen gfi wires after burn',  figuring something was loose, or corroded. I was prepared to buy a few new gfi's to test further.   

For all i've read about the NoiseSniffer being effective & awesome, for the end user its just a box w/a speaker.  no clue as to what or how it picks up the hash.

The effects of burn in using a Hagerman device are in no way esoteric once you've experienced the effects. Its 1sthand & palpable.

I work in real estate & enter different bldgs & units throughout the day.  A few weeks ago i brought the 'sniffer around w/me, and most every gfi outlet made noise.  Pretty interesting to drive through 2 counties in a day & hear the tones differ. Many normal outlets make noise too of course. But i'm pretty sure there's an issue w/gfi's in general, or maybe just older ones...they screeeeeetch. 

I haven't listened to one younger than 5yrs old i bet.  I am mainly in rental units: condos, big houses & townhomes - 5-30 yrs old.

poty

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2011, 04:01 pm »
The effects of burn in using a Hagerman device are in no way esoteric once you've experienced the effects. Its 1sthand & palpable.
I mean as soon as it is "palpable" only by a person, not the objective ways (measuring or so) - it is mainly subjective. We all know how easily you can deceive humans senses.
No, I'm not against using the things, this is up to a person certainly.
A few weeks ago i brought the 'sniffer around w/me, and most every gfi outlet made noise.  Pretty interesting to drive through 2 counties in a day & hear the tones differ. Many normal outlets make noise too of course. But i'm pretty sure there's an issue w/gfi's in general, or maybe just older ones...they screeeeeetch.
Main "pollutants" to the outlets are external devices and RFI, so it is easy to explain the "every outlet" and "tones differ".

analog97

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jan 2011, 11:35 pm »
Poty is a man of science, appropriately sensible and skeptical.   8)

squizcat

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2011, 12:33 am »
Poty is a man of science, appropriately sensible and skeptical.   8)

and damned smart! I learn something from every post.. :D

gooberdude

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2011, 02:21 am »
I'd like to keep this thread about the actual product if possible.  It doesn't seem like many people have this tool, and its ridiculously effective on ac cords. Even oem & volex type ac cords.

There's a US expression that goes "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me"

I've been burning in gear with Hagermans wacky tools (FryBaby & now the Corder) for about 5 yrs now, and the result is the same each & every time.

RadioWonder

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2013, 01:43 pm »
One of the benefit's of my audiodharma Cable Cooker that has not been mentioned is it's use as a whole house (my home is very small)conditioner. I came across this by listening to my Two Channel and Home Theater systems while a power cord was conditioning on the Cable Cooker. I noticed as the days went by even my computer system sounded better and looked better on the LCD monitor.
I place the Cable Cooker at the furthest distance from the Breaker Panel. I have an older Tara Labs PC that I keep on the Cable Cooker just for this purpose.

I hope I am not too off subject with this post?

RadioWonder

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2013, 01:49 pm »
I do plan on purchasing the FryCorder ... I want to test it and verify the Whole House Conditioning... I will come back and post my results.