RAM Source component

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
RAM Source component
« on: 11 Jan 2003, 04:45 pm »
With all the emails regarding a RAM source component, it's time to address the issue.
  Response Audio and ModWright are planning on coming out with a RAM CD player that will have a modified tube stage installed.
  We do not have any time frame yet but it will be after we get things rolling further with the amplifiers. I will keep things updated as we progress. Sorry, but this is all I can mention at this time.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
RAM Source component
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2003, 06:43 pm »
Yes, the Jolida is a very nice unit stock and there are mods available elsewhere for this unit. This is the reason we are NOT using the Jolida player for a platform. I cannot reveal the platform component at this time.
  We are taking another very well know player (solid state) and redesigning/modifying and adding a tube stage to it. It will be quite a bit different than the Jolida and other tube players on the market.

macdaddy

• http://macdaddys.info/
RAM Source component
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2003, 05:58 am »
will it support SACD?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
RAM Source component
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2003, 03:30 pm »
Sorry, the RAM source will not support SACD. It will be a HDCD unit.

For modified SACD players, I would contact Dan Wright at ModWright (he has a circle here also). He does work with SACD models. He is also responsible for the RAM products. RAM = Response Audio / ModWright

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
RAM Source component
« Reply #4 on: 6 Mar 2003, 02:52 am »
:mrgreen: Well, the prototype unit should be up and running in my system by the end of next week.
  It will be (actually, always has been) a modified Music Hall CD-25 HDCD player with the 5687 tubes utilized, Class A and removal of negative feedback. There will also be a variable output controll knob installed on the top of the unit.
  Tubes will protrude through the top due to their high(er) running temperature as compared to other signal tubes, ie; 12AX7 and the likes.
  We now have a dedicated page on our website with pictures and further details appearing shortly.
  Orders  :rules: are already coming in and I haven't even heard the prototype :?:  Go figure!!