Xtatic vs Xmtm + goofy room

Opusx7

Xtatic vs Xmtm + goofy room
« on: 19 Jan 2020, 06:31 am »
Greetings everyone,
I have learned so much reading through many of the awesome threads here and this is my first post.
I am about to endeavor on my first build and am deciding between the x-mtm floor standers and the x-tatics. My room is 20' x 35' so with where the speakers will be sitting, the left side wall is basically not there.

First, I may not be getting a sub any time soon so I would like to know if one of these out performs the other in bass response/quality?

Second, will my room be less of a problem with either choice? Pulling the speakers out from the front wall won't be a problem(don't hear that very often:), but I don't know how to deal with the lack of a side wall. Thanks in advance!  :thumb:

~Nathan

Opusx7

Re: Xtatic vs Xmtm + goofy room
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2020, 06:45 am »
Oh, and here's a look at my beginners gear so far... scored a mint technics 1200 mk2 for 500$, got a Marantz sr4320 for 60$, and pioneer bs22-lr speakers for 30$. It sounds great already and I can't wait to hear it as the components get upgraded. Speakers first, then hopefully some schiit tube gear or an old Marantz 2200 series receiver, not sure yet... and I know the speakers should be higher, Im going to cut some longer logs tomorrow:)

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2020, 02:12 pm »
The X-Statik is a favorite for me. If you can pull them out from the wall a little further than your current speakers they will work fine for you.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2020, 03:12 pm »
X-Static also has a very nice matching center channel, that's the way I'd go.