Bryston SP3 Tape Loop

troystg

Bryston SP3 Tape Loop
« on: 7 Oct 2023, 02:58 am »
Today I received my B&W Bass Alignment Filter (BAF) and I am trying to put it in the tape loop of my SP3.  The physical part was easy, but how do you "enable" the loop function?  I run balanced to the amps so the single ended tape loop is ideal.  I just can't figure it out and the manual doesn't mention it.  I haven't used a tape loop since the 80's and back then it was a simple PHYSICAL button that was engaged.

mv038856

Re: Bryston SP3 Tape Loop
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2023, 09:37 am »
I do not think the SP-3 has a tape loop…
… or does it, James?

mv038856

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2023, 09:48 am »
…well you got me thinking… while I think the SP-3 does not have a tape loop like the BP-25 or BP-26 have, could one select a source in Zone 1 which is sent to the tape out and select the tape input (with the externally processed signal) on Zone 2? This would be somewhat like a classic tape loop… ;)

GrooveControl

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2023, 02:20 am »
Can you give up the balanced connection and just insert the processor between pre and power amps using the rca single ended connectors?  That’s how I put a minidsp between a sp1.7 and a 3b.   When using the minidsp with the b60 or b100 I use the tape monitor function, but this is not available on my sp1.7.