A little help from my friends

dflee

A little help from my friends
« on: 24 Dec 2019, 11:36 pm »
I'm short on room at my computer desk and so have been using
dac/amps that are portable (even though I don't go portable) for their size.
I got a deal on an open box Chord MoJo and am quite flummoxed.
Started this journey with a FiiO Olympus 2. Went to an IFI Nano IDSD-LE
and improved the sound somewhat. Decided I probably would need to go
quite a bit up to improve thus have the MoJo from reviews and questions.
Problem is it didn't come with any lit so I downloaded the manual. It is pretty lax
as far as working but did tell me I needed to download the app. Downloaded and did
the run thing but still have a situation.
The unit has two inputs, one with a battery sign and another with media sign. I can't
hear anything when when plugged into the battery side and the media side will only play
until the battery dies. Is this the way this thing works or am I doing something wrong.
I do like the sound but can't live with a unit I have to constantly charge.
Comments please

Don

adydula

• Restricted
Re: A little help from my friends
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2019, 02:44 am »
e
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2020, 10:40 pm by adydula »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2019, 03:00 am »
Don,

Can't you charge the battery while you're listening?

Michael

A_shah

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2019, 09:25 am »
Don,
First of all Congratulations on your purchase of the  Chord Mojo For the money you will not find a better DAC/HP-amp  I have even experimented with this DAc with my High End main system . You can download the Manual from the Chord Website but let me see if I can help.
On the left (  3 marble buttons facing you) you have 4 inputs 1. COAX, 2. mini usb input 3. Battery input ( is only for charging will not play any music )4. Optical input . on the right side you have" two inputs for Headphones" or with a proper harness can be used as a DAC for a larger system
The Battery should last you for about 8 hours you can play while charging but it gets very hot ! There is no app for this unit (  for windows OS yes) but not for Mac OS  it is a straightforward unit you need to connect it to you computer or your laptop with one of the inputs on the left side  coax, , optical,  or mini usb cable for instance I use a glass Liftac optical cable to connect to my desktop mac mini if I want to use it with my Iphone I use the mini connector cable plus a separate camera adapter cable from Apple website ($29.00)  you can also buy the whole adapter kit to use with various devices from moon -Audio PM me if you need further instructions I will try to send you some pictures ! This unit will play Hi-Rez right up 765Khz  :popcorn:
Asghar

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2019, 01:40 pm »
e
« Last Edit: 8 Mar 2020, 10:40 pm by adydula »

A_shah

« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2019, 06:44 am »
So this unit has to be used when playing only with batteries?
Are the batteries removable?

I am guessing that when connected via USB it doenst use the 5vdc to power up or charge...that you need to use a special
power unit to charge and you can charge while playing but this charger gets "hot"?

Is it ok or safe to leave the unit connected to this charger all the time??

Alex

I don't think the batteries are removable ?you would have to send it to a service center to have the battery replaced  when one wants to use it as a pre- amp it does switch to 3Vdc , you can charge while playing the manual says so but the unit really gets very hot ! No idea with reference to a special power unit a quick email to chord may answer that question .  :scratch:

https://youtu.be/z0h4uM03jk8
Asghar