8 servo subs purchased.... I guess I'm doing this..

madsry

8 servo subs purchased.... I guess I'm doing this..
« on: 12 Jan 2021, 05:01 am »
So some used (actually unused) servo subs popped up for sale and I couldn't help myself and bought them (now trying to figure out how to pick them up with the Canadian border restrictions, and if anyone has any clever ideas about handing them over the border without crossing, please let me know)

OK, so now I have 8 - 16 ohm servo subs, a pair of triple stack cabinets (thank you Kelowna friends), and a strong inkling to go with Studio Monitors, but still open to any ideas short of the NX-treme's, which I will pursue when finances allow.  Super Mini's still intrigue me (assuming I could get lucky and drum up Neo10's from somewhere).  There's the X-Static, which I'm guessing fall well short of the Studio Monitors, even with upgrades.  Anything non-GR or GR modified that I should consider as a stepping stone prior to building some NX-tremes down the road?

Hit me with suggestions on speakers as well as speaker/amp combos too (strongly leaning towards tubes or maybe SS class A, but not totally set).

PS:  If you want to trade your quad stack cabinets for my triple stack cabinets, I could be swayed!!

VinceT

Re: 8 servo subs purchased.... I guess I'm doing this..
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2021, 06:17 am »
What is origin and destination? I could maybe give you some ideas?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2021, 07:03 am »
Wow your neighbour already know it ?

madsry

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2021, 06:48 pm »
I'm fortunate enough to live in an area where houses aren't stacked on top of each other...  and all 3 of my closest neighbors will probably want to come listen (post COVID of course)  8)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2021, 12:03 am »
These are good news, please keep us posted on this installation.

RonP

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2021, 01:27 am »
Some bass that caught me off guard was Talking Heads on SACD. Burning Down the House has this pulsating bass. The GR subs handle it real well.

I was seriously worried the neighbors were gonna get PO'd. I mean long bass notes or even quick explosions from your HT sub are one thing.. but this was more than I expected.

thump thump thump thump.... give it a listen  :wink:

I have 2 subs, I can't imagine it on 8. :icon_twisted: