rjclaster

comparison of evolution one with st-10M
« on: 11 Jun 2018, 06:10 pm »
what are the respects in which the evolution one is superior to the st-10M

rustydoglim

Re: comparison of evolution one with st-10M
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2018, 06:28 pm »
It is superior to ST-10M in every way.
We need to create a new row for Evolution One in the amp comparison chart.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2018, 08:42 pm »
This is great to read, no doubt. But there are now some models of both out there! Has no one heard them? It is obvious that the company that makes the new product thinks is the last water drop in the desert... but what about others?  Has anyone not from NuPrime have anything to say about the new products?

If it is so revolutionary, then Munich would have been the place to brag, and you would have had great publicity made by the reviewers, yet, after announcing you were going to be there and amaze the world, you decided to instead ship those units to three distributors?

I find it really hard to wrap my mind about relinquishing shush a great opportunity of (almost) free publicity when every reviewer, broadcaster and visitor to the show would exclaim: this is the new best thing in the world! Yet, we are left only with the opinion of the father of the child (which we know every parent thinks his child is the best, prettiest, cleverest of all the children in the world).

Please NuPrime, get those out and let the community start rumbling about them and creating buzz around how great they are!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2018, 09:51 pm »
This is great to read, no doubt. But there are now some models of both out there! Has no one heard them? ... Has anyone not from NuPrime have anything to say about the new products?

If it is so revolutionary, then Munich would have been the place to brag,

Rafa,

You need to sit tight. I'm sure Jason and his team know what they are doing.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2018, 10:01 pm »
I know! That is why I think it’s crucial to get them out there and have other people learn (from the mouth of non NuPrime staff) the quality of what they have produced!

Was that not clear from my post?

Wind Chaser

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2018, 10:18 pm »
Maybe I’m reading. Too much into your previous post, but it sort comes off a bit hostile to me. I can’t speak for Jason, but that’s my take.  :|

Stevegnz

« Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2018, 01:11 am »
Well I have just recieved the evo ones so I have had about an hour of listening to them. Previously I had the ST10, not the ST10m's, I can only say that my initial reaction is that it was like I was partially deaf previously comparing the two. The evo ones just have so much more of everything and they are so coherent no matter the volume. My initial impression is of resolution and detail there is so much of it I feel like I am sitting right beside the artist hearing everything.
 I started with Gary Clarke Jr. Live and when he was tuning his guitar it was so vivid I heard every nuiance and scratch. I could so clearly hear as the strings moved into phase and tune I could picture exactly what he was doing... uncanny is all I can say..

I'm Very Impressed...

envydd

« Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2018, 05:41 am »
Wow that’s a strong review. What speakers did you try them with?

slash71

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2018, 06:00 pm »
And what source again?

rustydoglim

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2018, 09:03 pm »
If it is so revolutionary, then Munich would have been the place to brag, and you would have had great publicity made by the reviewers, yet, after announcing you were going to be there and amaze the world, you decided to instead ship those units to three distributors?

I already stated that Munich show was planned (shall I say not planned) LONG BEFORE the Evo One came out.
We couldn't get a demo room (all sold out by Dec 2017).
Do you know why you guys are getting cheap and exceptional products from NuPrime? Because we don't spend a ton of money on marketing.  Review cost a lot of money (year long contract with magazine(s)). The more shows we do, the more we have to charge you for the products.

Do you guys also realise that it will take anywhere from 6 to 9 months to get magazine to review and publish a new product? Sure, if we have $200K marketing budget our review will get done in a month :). But then we would have to charge 50% more for all our products.

When we say it is the best, it is the best. Eventually the word will get out.  :thumb:

rustydoglim

« Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2018, 09:08 pm »
Well I have just recieved the evo ones so I have had about an hour of listening to them. Previously I had the ST10, not the ST10m's, I can only say that my initial reaction is that it was like I was partially deaf previously comparing the two. The evo ones just have so much more of everything and they are so coherent no matter the volume. My initial impression is of resolution and detail there is so much of it I feel like I am sitting right beside the artist hearing everything.
 I started with Gary Clarke Jr. Live and when he was tuning his guitar it was so vivid I heard every nuiance and scratch. I could so clearly hear as the strings moved into phase and tune I could picture exactly what he was doing... uncanny is all I can say..

I'm Very Impressed...

Like I say, eventually word will get out :)
This is what I have experienced when I first heard the Evo One in the lab. So I have a hard time telling people that it is better in every way. I don't know how to explain.

Stevegnz

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2018, 06:18 am »
Just to reply to above questions. Source is digital currently using a Antipodes DX3 going into a chord qutest DAC and then to a viganoni sachem pure preamp. Will try vinyl soon. Speakers are a combination of Monitor audio 300 golds and zen acoustic crescendo 2. really sings with both but I definitley like the crescendos with this amp..

Just a note everthing continues to improve and Bass is really coming on beautifully.. very tight and smooth no boominess and so clear to hear the bass lines. I tried some foo fighters today - the pretender, which is a killer for a lot of systems I've tried it on. but this didnt even break a sweat. even playing it loud I'm barely hitting a third on the preamp ut when I ramped it up sounded the same just louder.. no distortion or colouration. Damn.. these are good..

slash71

« Reply #12 on: 14 Jun 2018, 11:34 am »
Just to reply to above questions.

thanks for reply Steve. the volume is my concern , with st-10 I need to turn up volume on preamp (DAC-10H) to gain some detail and resolution .. speaker on my nuprime stack are system audio mantra 5 with 88db gain ..

Spenav

« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2018, 07:14 pm »
Hi Stevegnz
Congratulations on this important upgrade to your system. If you are in the USA, did you have to reverse the polarity of the speaker wires on the Evo One the way we have to here with the ST-10?  For some reason the polarity in the ST-10 speaker terminals are inverted. It plays like that but not optimally. I had discussed it with Bob when I upgraded mine withTDSS and he did explain the reason why. I was just wondering if the Evo One is the same way.  Please let us know if the sound changed after burn in. Enjoy!

Stevegnz

« Reply #14 on: 17 Jun 2018, 08:33 pm »
Hi there,

Sorry I'm in New Zealand, we have 240v/60hz power and we I havent had to reverse polarity to speakers.
regards Steve.

Stevegnz

« Reply #15 on: 17 Jun 2018, 08:37 pm »
PS sond is changing/improving as I burn in, more bass now but it is very clear with no boominess. I must say I see how these amps are made for the milion dollar systems, or a more modest one for that matter. I know John, my local dealer, is running them with the montor audio studio speakers (costing NZ$2500) and really liking them).

Spenav

« Reply #16 on: 18 Jun 2018, 02:08 am »
Cool. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

in1unison

« Reply #17 on: 18 Jun 2018, 01:59 pm »
...the polarity in the ST-10 speaker terminals are inverted. It plays like that but not optimally. I had discussed it with Bob when I upgraded mine withTDSS and he did explain the reason why...

What is the reason for this? I have noticed the same with mine purchased in South Africa!

Spenav

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jun 2018, 03:33 pm »
Hi

Here is what Bob had to say about that: "Anyway, the amps are made in Taiwan - not the EU. Then a lot of companies invert the phase. It's easy enough to correct by simply swapping the colors of the binding posts, but for whatever reason they don't. I know that they don't think absolute phase matters, but just to avoid any complaints they should just go ahead and do so and be done with it."
Makes me wonder how many people listen to them that way and form bad opinions based on bad set up.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #19 on: 18 Jun 2018, 03:52 pm »
...a lot of companies invert the phase.

You mean deliberately wiring the amp so negative output terminal is actually positive, and the positive output terminal is negative? If so, I have never heard of this practice - which quite frankly doesn't make any sense.