SOLD: KEF Reference 107 / Kube in excellent condition SOLD

yakbob

This listing is for a pair of KEF Reference 107 speakers. This fully restored pair have played flawlessly in my system for 3 years. I can assure prospective buyers that these are not an estate sale find of unknown origin. I know them inside and out.

The KEF 107 was KEF's top of the line speaker from 1986-1990. They were engineered and built to the highest degree which is reflected in the original retail price of $4000 ($7,700 in 2018 dollars). The speaker features (2) 10" woofers in each cabinet. These 4 drivers are loaded band pass style which vents out of the cabinet near the base of the head assembly, making prodigious amounts of bass. Since the cabinets are not rear ported like most designs, near wall placement is possible. You will not need a subwoofer with this pair in most rooms. The bass levels, Q, and amplitude are all easily tuned to your room through the Kube equalizer.

The Kube 107 EQ, and power cord are included. I only mention this as almost every KEF 107 listing is missing the Kube EQ that is required to properly implement this speaker into your system. Speaker "top hats/grills" are also included. I've never used them as they make the speaker appear much larger/taller.

Restoration details include:
• (4) 10" woofers reformed with new gaskets and donuts in 2015. These are good for another 20 years.
• T-33 tweeters ferro fluid cleaned and replaced in March 2016
• The book matched walnut cabinets were stripped to bare wood and refinished with 6 coats of danish oil (medium walnut) and oil based poly. The finish is better than new.

The complete specifications, product brochure, and owners manual can be found on KEF's site here:
us.kef.com/explore-kef/kef-museum/1980s/reference-series-model-107-1986-90

The Reference 107 was reviewed by Stereophile no less than 3 times. All reviews can be found at the link below. John Atkinson awarded the pair Class A status, and also had this to say about them: "Recommended as one of the few full-range dynamic loudspeakers that I have experienced to touch the soul--not just of the music, but of the listener."--John Atkinson www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/550/index.html

I've invested a lot of time and care into this pair, and will be sad to see them go. I am not desperate to sell and will not engage low ball offers. I also have a bevy of spare parts available separately that a potential buyer may want. I've collected enough spare parts for this pair to last a lifetime.

Spare parts include:
A second Kube 107 and power supply
(2) Spare B110 midrange units (SP1209). These are nearly impossible to find.
(2) Spare T33 tweeters (SP1210) with new ferro fluid
(2) Spare B250 bass unit (SP1215). This spare set does need new surrounds and donuts. The drivers are also nearly impossible to find on the used market.

I will demo for serious cash-in-hand parties. Local pickup is preferred, but I will consider meeting parties within a reasonable radius (1.5 hours) of Albany, NY. Due to the size and complexity of shipping, I will not be able to ship this pair.

Price is $1450
Prefer to sell, but would consider trade for a tube preamp with HT bypass.

« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2019, 05:57 pm by yakbob »

yakbob

Re: FS: KEF Reference 107 / Kube in excellent condition
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2018, 01:49 am »
Price drop : $1250

Eman423

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2019, 01:34 pm »
YakBob please contact me concerning the KEF speakers

yakbob

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2019, 05:56 pm »