• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
The Signature 30...
« on: 12 May 2006, 12:53 am »
All,

Today I was able to finally post the Signature 30 page on my website:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Signature_30.html

:dance:

I will be tweaking this page during the next couple of weeks, but at least all the features are listed, pictures are posted, pricing info is available, etc.

I am still waiting on some parts but anticipate having them all in stock towards the end of this month.  

I have received emails asking about pre-ordering.  Here is how it will work:

If you send me full payment in advance, your name/address will be added to the Signature 30 build schedule.  The Signature 30s will be built in the order in which orders are received.  I am now accepting pre-orders.

I do not have a firm time-table regarding when your Signature 30 will be completed, but my best guess is that orders that are received before the end of May will be completed and shipped out in June.  

Keep in mind that I am hand soldering and hand assembling EVERYTHING!  All the surface mount components on the board, all of the point-to-point wiring of everything else, everything!  This takes a lot of time and effort, but in the end I will be and I hope YOU will be very confident that you are getting a product of superior build quality and reliability.  I have decided to increase the warranty to 5-years for any manufacturing related defects.  I listed this on the Signature 30 page.

I promise that I will keep you guys posted (you know that I hang out and post on audiocircle just about every day!).

Thanks you so much for all your interest, support, and feedback.  :bowdown:

Best regards,

Dmason

The Signature 30...
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2006, 05:29 pm »
Vinnie

THAT, looks verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry smooth! Very tasteful.

Whomever did the graphics layout really had their act together; a visual which is understated, and says, "all business."

This could be one of those products that comes along once in awhile which really pretty much stands on its own ground, on its own terms. -like all the other Red Wine Audio stuff.

To me, it represents the evolution of the art and craft of Red Wine Audio. In a scant 15 months, no less :!:

DLeeWilliamsburg

Recommended Omegas?
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2006, 07:25 pm »
Congrats, Vinnie.  You must feel like quite the proud parent.

Is there an Omega speaker that has been specially tuned for this amp (or vice-versa)?  I know you recently demoed the Sig-30 with the Omega SuperHemps and Omega Super 3 XRS.  Is that your "ideal" setup?  Of the 2 speakers, would you recommend one over the other?

Thanks

Dave in Williamsburg

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
The Signature 30...
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2006, 08:09 pm »
Quote from: Dmason
Whomever did the graphics layout really had their act together; a visual which is understated, and says, "all business."

Hi Dmason,

I had a very talented (and very experienced) graphic designer do the front panel for me.  I would have never come up with something that good on my own!  :oops:    I really LOVE the way it came out and it looks much better in person.  The black anodized face plate is laser etched, so the text is aluminum in color, but it kind of tricks the eye into thinking it is white (against the black anodize).   :)

Thanks for all your interest and your order.  I think you are going to love it with your B200 OB experiments.  There are also DACT volume controlled RCA outputs, so this will make Bi-Amping (I know you are now using two B200s per baffle) a piece of cake...or adding a sub if will even be needed .

Quote from: DLeeWilliamsburg
Congrats, Vinnie. You must feel like quite the proud parent.

Is there an Omega speaker that has been specially tuned for this amp (or vice-versa)? I know you recently demoed the Sig-30 with the Omega SuperHemps and Omega Super 3 XRS. Is that your "ideal" setup? Of the 2 speakers, would you recommend one over the other?

Hi Dave,

Thank you!  I am the proud Papa!  :mrgreen:

The Omega Superhemps are my favorite and IMHO, are in their own class
vs. all the other Omegas.  The Signature 30 has beautiful synergy with them!  Louis is also designing a Floorstander version of the Superhemp (and the A8, which uses the B200s) and these will probably take the cake!

As soon as Louis finishes them, I am driving down to Norwalk and am bringing my Signature 30..  I'll even try to bring 'em home for a demo if he will let me ...I can't wait!  :hyper:

Dmason

The Signature 30...
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2006, 08:39 pm »
Dave

I have a pair of SuperHemps going 3.5 months now, and now that they are starting to accumulate some mileage, I am regularly fascinated by just what they can do. There is a mojo factor to them that I have not heard anywhere else. the B200 is similar in the critical mids [thank gawd] but the Hemp 8 has its very own thang happening. It also has real visceral grunt in the 2.5^3 Super cabinet, so if the floorstander is a higherVas, then all the better. In nearfield listening, they are just exceptional. I am listening to Prokofiev's Waltz Suite, and in the next room can hear all the individual instruments spread across the room, just sparkling, and this warmth that is addictive, has to be heard to be believed.

I will never get more power out of a 45 tube than about 4 watts with the emission labs, and about 6 watts with my all time favorite solid sate amp, the Reali-T, but according to a couple of august Audio Salem SET pilots, one of whom owns over 30 SET's, seems to think the Signature 30 is a "brilliant compromise" for greater power whilst retaining SET warmth and beauty. THAT comment, from he who has actually heard the thing at length, last week in NJ, said more to me than ten pages of anything else. That is what tipped the scale, for me. Now, with the SuperHemps et al, it will just ramp up the mojo factor.

There were many people who, despite the wide variety of displays, were inclined to comment on the Signature 30 and the SuperHemp. This, at the VACUUM TUBE VALLEY show. That is pretty important. So, here we go Joe.

gevorg

The Signature 30...
« Reply #5 on: 13 May 2006, 02:22 am »
Hi Vinnie!

Are there any plans for Sig 30 DIY kit, without the case/warranty?  Looks so good, but the price is way out my price range.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
The Signature 30...
« Reply #6 on: 13 May 2006, 04:23 am »
Quote from: gevorg
Hi Vinnie!

Are there any plans for Sig 30 DIY kit, without the case/warranty?  Looks so good, but the price is way out my price range.

Hi gevorg,

The Signature 30 will only be available as shown.  There will be no kit or DIY version.

Best regards,

Loftprojection

The Signature 30...
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2006, 03:20 pm »
Vinnie, that is a very impressive piece, congrats.  Hopefully one of the mags uses it in a shootout with various AC powered solid state in the same price range.  I would bet yours will smoke them!

rc0

The Signature 30...
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2006, 09:15 pm »
Sorry to be a little off topic.  But how do the Hemptone Compact 8's compare to the SuperHemps sonically, since I don't see SuperHemps on Omega's web site yet?  Thanks.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
The Signature 30...
« Reply #9 on: 13 May 2006, 10:50 pm »
Thanks, Loftprojection!  In time, I'll be sure to post links to reviews and such.

Hi rc0,

Welcome to Audiocircle!

It would be best to post your question on the Omega Loudspeakers forum here on audiocircle because it has to do with Omega speakers and not the Signature 30.

Here is the link to the Omega forum:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=31&sid=f9e716e387f9ffc720fd956d65e4f837

Thanks,

Bemopti123

The Signature 30...
« Reply #10 on: 13 May 2006, 11:54 pm »
Vinnie, as a self confessed skeptic of digital amplification, I was rather pleasantly surprised at the type of sound the Reference 30 delivered at the VTV show, with the XRS Hemped ones as well as the SuperHemps.

Man, I think the closest thing that might get to the level of tweakness, as well  as power ratings, that is battery powered would be this....

http://www.audio-consulting.ch/

especially the Rock Solid, battery powered unit.

Now, there are similarities in the philosophies, but at the price point, the Reference 30 will rock people flat out.  Making it userfriendly by allowing on the flite battery change show the type of business relationship you want to have with the everyday audio head.

The Reference 30 will rock things that the Clari T can only begin to grasp.  Man, if I only had the need for a new amp, asides from the 4-5 amps that I am currently hoarding.  

:mrgreen:

PS:  I am also curious about the performance of the Superhemps.  What makes makes you choose it for now, instead of the fabled OBaffled Dark Stars, Doc?

-Richard-

The Signature 30...
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2006, 12:44 am »
Hi Vinnie,

I could not be happier for you!!!!

Dmason beat me to it (which of course he always does...his audio radar screen
coverage is larger than NASA's) but please put me on the list of soon-to-be-
very-happy owners of what I believe will be one of the most fascinating examples
of the state-of-the-art amplification devices in the world!!!

I already told Deborah that we are getting Remote Control...Deb actually works in
the same room as our audio set-up and throughout the day things arise that need
some alternation to the sound levels...now she will have it!!! Nice that you are
offering that...good god, Vinnie...with the Signature 30 you have thought of everything!!!

It is interesting that as your own growth and sophistication as a designer and
innovator has progressed so has ours...that is not only true for Deb and myself
but for many of our friends here at AC...we are all ripe for the kind of refinement
and design ingenuity that the Signature 30 represents...and revels in...

There is no SET out there that can deliver that much power and retain the
purity of listening pleasure that I am aniticipating with the Signature 30...it
is just what my double B200 bipoles are waiting for...thirsting for!!!!

With the potential of 30 incredibly clean supper charged watts, I am in danger of
being thrown out of the mobile park I live in here in Ojai...how am I going
to resist wanting to hear large scale music played to realistic levels? or Etta
James on her new album, Blues to the Bone...oh lord will I have the will power
to resist?.....ahhhhhhh.....well.....actually.... NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really excited, Vinnie, for you...for me...for all of your friends that will have
the foresight to get in on owning what will be an instant classic!!!!!!!

Congratulations...let the Signature 30 take its place among the great audio
treasures of the world!!!! Bravo!!!!

Warm Regards -Richard-

davidada

New Site Design
« Reply #12 on: 14 May 2006, 11:48 pm »
Vinnie congrats on the new site it looks great along with the Sig 30, my Olive is breaking in and sounds better by the hour , just a wonderfull device
Thanks a million for taking these ideas and making them real

kck

The Signature 30...
« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2006, 09:00 pm »
I guess I should know this but am not sure. Looking at the pic of the rear, looks like two pairs of RCA inputs?

eric the red

The Signature 30...
« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2006, 09:41 pm »
Quote from: kck
I guess I should know this but am not sure. Looking at the pic of the rear, looks like two pairs of RCA inputs?

I'll take a wild guess here... I'll bet they're for the

"Volume controlled RCA output jacks (via the DACT) for easy integration with a powered subwoofer or external power amplifier for bi-amping applications."

kck

The Signature 30...
« Reply #15 on: 15 May 2006, 10:51 pm »
Duh thanks. Will learn to read some day. Guess my hopefulness for  two inputs clouded my ability to interpret information.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
The Signature 30...
« Reply #16 on: 16 May 2006, 12:02 am »
Quote from: Bemopti123
PS: I am also curious about the performance of the Superhemps. What makes makes you choose it for now, instead of the fabled OBaffled Dark Stars, Doc?

Hi Bemopti123,

Thanks for stopping by at VTV and for posting your impressions of the Signature 30.  

As far as your question above, I am also now using B200s in open baffles and am getting dynamite results!  

Hi Richard,

I received your order and you are also on the Signature 30 list.  Expect to receive it sometime in June (I'll give you a better idea when in June once I receive some other parts....such as the remote control for the DACT).

Thanks for all your interest and excitement about the Signature 30.  Lot of positive energy here and I really appreciate it!

Quote from: davidada
Vinnie congrats on the new site it looks great along with the Sig 30, my Olive is breaking in and sounds better by the hour , just a wonderfull device
Thanks a million for taking these ideas and making them real

Hi David,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your modded Olive straight into the custom Clari-T Monoblocks.  Yes, the Olive will get even better with burn-in so if you really like it now, you will fall in love with it... I promise.

I have another Musica here (audiocircle member "ZLS") that I will have finished this week.  He owns a custom dual-mono Clari-T and will also be feeding it directly with the modded Olive.  He is also going to power his external USB Hard Drive from battery (using his modded Squeezebox battery supply...I will simply make the cable for him).  

I am feeding my modded Olive Symphony directly into the Signature 30 and the synergy is HUGE!  :D

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
The Signature 30...
« Reply #17 on: 20 May 2006, 02:04 pm »
All,

Thank you for your pre-orders for the Signature 30.  I have already begun building the Signature 30 boards for those of you who pre-ordered, and the paper-in-oil caps should ship from Denmark sometime next week.  

So far, it looks like I can finish and ship out pre-ordered Signature 30s (with our without remote control) by mid-June (or sooner!).

I'll keep you all posted.  

Thanks again,

-Richard-

The Signature 30...
« Reply #18 on: 20 May 2006, 03:26 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Wonderful News!!!

Thanks for keeping us informed about the Signature 30!!!

What fun it has been to follow your development of this beautifully fashioned
state-of-the-art wonder...both Deb and I are excited at the thought of what
magic it will bring to our audio pleasures...AND REMOTE CONTROL!!!!

Perhaps I will find myself stepping out of the Pleistocene age with your COOL
COOL Signature 30 Space Ship!!!

Warm Regards -Richard-

cwsiggy

The Signature 30...
« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2006, 03:08 am »
Quick quesation Vinnie,

will the Sig 30 amp comfortably drive "normal" bookshelf speakers, like say  the Von Schweikert VR1's or really any bookshelf at 86-87 db??  Small room, normal listening levels??

I must admit, I'm not a fan of the sound  of "high efficiency" speakers. I nearly had a heart attack when I switched speakers and listened to the Omegas in comparison.  Sounded like tin cans.  Steve Monte at Quest for Sound said it's an acquired taste.  

p.s. - sorry to miss Montreal - hopefully will be able to catch yor stuff in the future.