Back again and wanting

vagourmet

Back again and wanting
« on: 1 Mar 2020, 03:12 am »
Greetings fellow Audiophiles!

Vagourmet from Northern VA back again.  I've been off AC since 2016 when you all helped me figure out what to do about some vintage gear, got me smart on entry level CD players, and shared your thoughts on modding an Oppo BDP-105. 

I'm a regular non-industry audiophile with champagne audio taste and a beer budget:) I'm now interested in music servers, external DACs, and Roon.  Hoping you all an help me get smart and figure out the most economical way to maximize my enjoyment.  I've just discovered the Innuous line of music servers and wondering about peoples thoughts/experience with them and other like products.  The NAD M50.2 seems to be kind of similar but it's not clear to me that the NAD can act as a Roon Core.  Has anyone listened to Roon from a NAS like Synology or QNAP?  Is a dedicated music server that much better?

Advice is appreciated!
vagoumet

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Back again and wanting
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2020, 03:20 am »
Hi, Starting Block is really for people to introduce themselves. As you are not a new member this question/thread is best posted in The Discless Circle, so I'll move it there for you now.

vagourmet

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2020, 02:08 am »
Hi Fullrange,
Thanks so much.  Can you also get me out of Newbie status?  When try to look at things I get an error saying I need to post in Starting Block and have three approved posts before I can see other areas of Audio Circle...  As you rightly pointed out, I've been here before and I'm a normal audiophile and not an industry guy.

Appreciate anything you can do,
vagourmet

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2020, 02:19 am »
Hi Fullrange,
Thanks so much.  Can you also get me out of Newbie status?  When try to look at things I get an error saying I need to post in Starting Block and have three approved posts before I can see other areas of Audio Circle...  As you rightly pointed out, I've been here before and I'm a normal audiophile and not an industry guy.

Appreciate anything you can do,
vagourmet
No I cant do it, anyway You no more a Newbie, now a Junior member.
What do you mean say by ''I've been here before''?