Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #160 on: 17 Jun 2017, 05:16 pm »
I think you are referring to this one?

https://kitsunehifi.com/product/springdacgreen/

Yupper!  :thumb:

Thanks, Jake.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #161 on: 17 Jun 2017, 06:15 pm »
I'd be interested comparing my MP-D2 to a R2R Dac. The Denafrips look interesting and I've been interested in the Holo Spring for some time; almost bought one. Of course, the Yiggy is another that I'd love to hear.
I'm located on Olympic Peninsula side of Puget Sound but would be willing to venture to the other side for a gathering as soon as I get my new set of wheels. I would bring my DAC and perhaps my diy Tortuga LDR passive pre.
It would great if someone has a Lampizator DAC to compare with the MP-D2. They're both tube dacs with tube rectifiers so I'd be interested on how close the MP is in SQ.

alexscotti

« Reply #162 on: 19 Jun 2017, 05:01 am »
I could bring my Metrum Pavane.

JakeJ

« Reply #163 on: 19 Jun 2017, 05:49 am »
Ooo, would be very interesting to hear one of the upper tier Metrums.

mresseguie

« Reply #164 on: 19 Jun 2017, 07:14 am »
Ooo, would be very interesting to hear one of the upper tier Metrums.

+1 from me!

Rajacat,

I'd love to hear your MP-D2. I've read all the threads on three websites (and probably forgotten half of what I read!). Hell, bring everything!  :D

JakeJ

« Reply #165 on: 19 Jun 2017, 12:00 pm »
 :cry: sniff, sniff! :sad:  What, mine's not good enough?   :lol:  Just kidding!  One of us will bring one.  Maybe we should coordinate and bring two but with different tube sets.

Honestly, though, as we found out at Greg's first G2G there can be too much gear to get through before burn-out sets in.  Or we just run out of time.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #166 on: 20 Jun 2017, 05:57 pm »
:cry: sniff, sniff! :sad:  What, mine's not good enough?   :lol:  Just kidding!  One of us will bring one.  Maybe we should coordinate and bring two but with different tube sets.

Honestly, though, as we found out at Greg's first G2G there can be too much gear to get through before burn-out sets in.  Or we just run out of time.

I always want as much gear as possible to try out but Jake makes a good point. It was even harder at the second meeting, we only got to listen to Michael's pre for a short time "really nice by the way" and didn't get to hear his dac. We can try and push more gear into the system this time so we have more product to listen to.

Sonny

« Reply #167 on: 20 Jun 2017, 06:02 pm »
I always want as much gear as possible to try out but Jake makes a good point. It was even harder at the second meeting, we only got to listen to Michael's pre for a short time "really nice by the way" and didn't get to hear his dac. We can try and push more gear into the system this time so we have more product to listen to.

Guys, is this strictly digital?  I can bring the new Schiit Jotunheim.

Tuan

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #168 on: 20 Jun 2017, 07:01 pm »
Guys, is this strictly digital?  I can bring the new Schiit Jotunheim.

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

I don't have a turntable set up right now, I have some work to do to mine and I find myself being lazy and just listening to my mac mini most of the time.

That's not to say I wouldn't like to hear vinyl in my room but I don't have a phono stage either.

The more dacs the better in my book.

Greg

mresseguie

« Reply #169 on: 20 Jun 2017, 07:29 pm »
Greg,

Turn your room into a MusicBnB and I will stay for a couple days. This way there will be plenty of time to audition all the gear.  :thumb:

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #170 on: 20 Jun 2017, 09:05 pm »
Greg,

Turn your room into a MusicBnB and I will stay for a couple days. This way there will be plenty of time to audition all the gear.  :thumb:

Michael,

You can stay and we would be happy to have you. Like I mentioned "I believe in a PM to you" you and Alan are more than welcome to stay over and get some rest so the drive isn't so harsh. That goes for pretty much any other time you come through this neck of the woods.

Sonny

« Reply #171 on: 20 Jun 2017, 09:21 pm »
Okay, so what dates are we you thinking Greg?

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #172 on: 20 Jun 2017, 11:59 pm »
Michael is waiting for a pickup date on new Daedalus speakers, thus the long drive north.

I will chime in also that a narrow field of equipment could lead to better testing.

I could be persuaded to bring a Modwright KWA 150 SE.

I personally would like to hear a new OPPO.

Alan

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #173 on: 21 Jun 2017, 01:10 am »
Okay, so what dates are we you thinking Greg?

Tuan,

Like Alan said, as soon as Michael finds out when he can get delivery from Lou he and Alan will drive up this way and pick up the speakers. Then they will head back down to my place and we will set them up and have some people over and play with gear.

It will be a lot of fun I'm sure and I look forward to having you all here.

Personally I would like to hear different dacs and maybe different pre amps. My Butler 2250 amp is having a problem with channel seperation. So, the only other amp I have is a Crown XLS1500 which is just O.K. It would be nice if someone else or more than one person could bring an amp when they come over.

mresseguie

« Reply #174 on: 21 Jun 2017, 01:26 am »
Too bad I waited until last week to order my D Sachs Kootenay 120 amp. It won't be ready till end of August.  Alan's Modwright will come in handy.

JakeJ

« Reply #175 on: 21 Jun 2017, 02:44 am »
Michael,

You are forgiven for not ordering the Kootenay sooner.  It's all good.  The Modwright will suffice.  OK, OK, it will more than suffice and I am definitely bringing the Audio Experience A2 to play with.  Does the ModWright have balanced inputs?

Do you have some "window of opportunity" as to when you will be taking possession of your new Daedalus speakers?  I need a ball park idea so I can consult my crystal ball.  Sonny need the lead time as well.

I have searched and searched but cannot find a post where you tell us which model you decided on.  Help a brother out?

Lastly, if needed I can forego toys in favor of concocting some delicious goodies to maintain nourishment and happiness.

Let's keep the banter going so we remain focused.

aldcoll

« Reply #176 on: 21 Jun 2017, 03:29 am »
The Modwright has it all.  I will bring a power cord 4 patch cables cables.

Alan

mresseguie

« Reply #177 on: 21 Jun 2017, 03:45 am »
Jake,

Sorry, man. I'm getting Lou's new Apollo speakers. I call them Pans on steroids!

They're three-way speakers with Lou's new ten inch woofer. Even before I heard them in Lou's workshop, I already knew I preferred three-ways. The Apollos were just too good to pass up or wait five months for. Alan was there, so he can tell you.

I'll ask Lou when he thinks they'll be ready. July is my window of opportunity. My wife and I will leave the PNW for Colorado followed by Atlanta, GA no later than August 1st.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2017, 06:58 am by mresseguie »

aldcoll

« Reply #178 on: 21 Jun 2017, 03:58 am »

The Apollo's are far above the Pans by light years.

Edit:  No more late night posts :duh:

And besides we all know Lou is concerned about his diet and wouldn't need steroids drugs for that.  You know he only uses wood harvested during a harvest moon :scratch:

Alan
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2017, 06:37 pm by aldcoll »

mresseguie

« Reply #179 on: 21 Jun 2017, 06:13 am »
 :scratch: