HTC specs

floresjc

HTC specs
« on: 29 Mar 2009, 05:32 pm »
Can anyone post the physical dimensions and recommended power requirements (at 4 or 8 ohms) for the HTC? The Salk webpage has no "specs" for this particular speaker, and I want to figure out if it'll fit in my existing center channel stand.

Philistine

Re: HTC specs
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2009, 05:46 pm »
Here you go:

Width 23"
Depth 14"
Height 10.25"

This is a 4 ohm design, don't know the power rating.

I had an old B&W Nautilus center channel stand and sent Jim the fixing plate, which he then incorporated into the HTC.  The value of custom design :thumb:

floresjc

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2009, 06:05 pm »
Appreciate the info. I don't think its too hard to drive, seeing as there's no massive woofer in it. The dimensions were most important to me, thanks a million for the info!

mcallister

« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2009, 09:47 am »
while on the topic of the HTC what is the frequency response of it?

fsimms

« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2009, 01:05 pm »
while on the topic of the HTC what is the frequency response of it?

It is my understanding that the center with movies is just voice only.  Please correct if my info is dated.

Bob

skeeter99

« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2009, 05:11 pm »
Bob, that is not correct. The majority of sounds for movies come from the center channel. This % of course ranges from film to film but in a HT environment, I'd say your center channel (or ability for your mains to throw a good phantom center) is one of the, or the most, critical element. A good center channel, or phantom center, is a wonder and increases the movies interactivity and realism immensely.

Scott